Director, Quality Global Training **US based- Remote**Req # JR - 022425 Location Deerfield, Illinois, United States Job Category Quality Control Date posted 06/10/2020
Are you looking for a career that matters?
We believe every person deserves a chance for a healthy life, free from illness and full of possibility. We see a world full of healing, with viable care options available to those with limited choices today. We envision new ways of providing physicians, pharmacists and nurses with technologies that not only treat chronic diseases, but also work to prevent them. We’re looking for team members who are motivated to learn, grow and innovate, while making a meaningful difference for millions of people around the world.
Learn more about how Baxter is At the Intersection of Saving and Sustaining Lives.
The Director of Quality, Global Training leads a global team of Quality Training Professionals and develops strategies for the global training quality system which align to the Baxter Quality strategy. The role drives successful execution to achieve key performance targets and partners with franchises, functions, and regions to develop and maintain compliant and efficient quality system processes. The Quality Director coaches, develops, and mentors team members, and develops and implements actions to improve Best Place to Work.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as Global Training Process Owner and quality system subject matter expert responsible for global training quality system oversight and maintaining compliance.
- Provide leadership for the Global Training Team; Coach, develop, mentor team members and implement actions to continually improve Best Place to Work.
- Manage resources and budget associated with the global training department
- Work cross functionally with the Global Learning Solutions team, Operations, Manufacturing plants, and training stakeholders for the establishment and implementation of training processes, procedures, and systems and their successful execution.
- Define, implement and monitor Training process metrics and continually improve and mitigate gaps to maintain compliance, efficiency, and business value.
- Ensure global process harmonization and facilitate consistent execution at Manufacturing Plants.
- Lead the change effort around deploying global training processes to operations and manufacturing plants.
- Assure the training tools and systems, including the globally deployed LMS, are maintained in a controlled state of validation as it pertains to business use.
- Facilitate a patient-centered quality culture within Baxter and implement training programs e.g. On-the-job training in Manufacturing plants, compliance and quality training to address gaps.
- Strong leadership skills and demonstrated success in managing a large, diverse, global team (including remote management).
- Experience in designing, developing and deploying training programs and managing learning tools and systems within a regulated environment.
- Experience supporting regulatory audits e.g. FDA, global MOH, Notified Bodies, and other regulatory authorities.
- Success working with multifunctional business partners and Executive Management and accomplish goals within a matrixed environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong change management experience.
- Strong project management skills.
- Must be able to travel, if needed.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor's degree, master's preferred
- Minimum 10 years Training System and Management experience required
- Minimum 5 years responsible in charge of corporate Training systems required
- Program development experience
- Professional certification by ISPI preferred
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.