Acute Therapy GBU Finance ManagerReq # JR - 018708 Location Deerfield, Illinois, United States Job Category Finance Date posted 03/21/2020
Are you looking for a career that matters?
We believe every person deserves a chance for a healthy life, free from illness and full of possibility. We see a world full of healing, with viable care options available to those with limited choices today. We envision new ways of providing physicians, pharmacists and nurses with technologies that not only treat chronic diseases, but also work to prevent them. We’re looking for team members who are motivated to learn, grow and innovate, while making a meaningful difference for millions of people around the world.
Learn more about how Baxter is At the Intersection of Saving and Sustaining Lives.
Baxter touches millions of lives every day. Our products and services are essential building blocks of healthcare. At Baxter, our mission is to save and sustain lives. Our six global businesses: Renal Care, Medication Delivery, Pharmaceuticals, Clinical Nutrition, Advanced Surgery and Acute Therapies are focused on transformative innovation to deliver smarter, more personalized care for patients and providers. Every day our mission to save and sustain lives is at the forefront as we strive to meet our goal of top-quartile performance. Our objective is to accelerate growth by expanding Baxter’s impact across the healthcare spectrum supported by the evolution of our new product pipeline.
Responsible for financial and business support for the Acute Therapies Global Business by leading both financial planning exercises and strategic decision support initiatives including expansion and pricing strategy, new product valuations, and R&D prioritization. This position requires collaboration with Global Marketing, Regional Marketing & Finance, Project Management, and various other cross functional stakeholders.
- Direct the analysis of financial statements, explaining trends, variance to budget and forecast for management reporting
- Define and maintain reporting of sales for GBU vitality index
- Provide proactive leadership for all operating forecast updates throughout the year as well as the annual operating plan and strategic plan - including sales, R&D, and SG&A
- Ensure that decision support services are provided to other functions of business
- Create valuation models for various investment opportunities and provide insightful recommendations
- Proactively focus on relevant business risks, lead appropriate risk assessment, and determine and drive implementation of mitigation plans
- Manage and develop a team of two financial analysts
- Strong business acumen and judgment as well as understanding of relevant business environment
- Decisive leadership, with ability to generate ideas, develop alternatives, rapidly decide upon best course of action and drive implementation of that decision
- Ability to effectively influence and drive consensus with diverse stakeholders
- Strong time management and problem solving skills, ability to work in a team environment, and written/oral communication skills are critical
- Skilled at assembling and managing direct staff as well as cross-functional teams as required
- Knowledge of GAAP accounting principals
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field
- 5-6 years of relevant work experience
- 1-2 years managing direct reports
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.