Accounting Center of Expertise ManagerReq # JR - 023440 Location Deerfield, Illinois, United States Job Category Finance Date posted 06/25/2020
Are you looking for a career that matters?
We believe every person deserves a chance for a healthy life, free from illness and full of possibility. We see a world full of healing, with viable care options available to those with limited choices today. We envision new ways of providing physicians, pharmacists and nurses with technologies that not only treat chronic diseases, but also work to prevent them. We’re looking for team members who are motivated to learn, grow and innovate, while making a meaningful difference for millions of people around the world.
Learn more about how Baxter is At the Intersection of Saving and Sustaining Lives.
The US & Canada (UCAN) Accounting Center of Expertise (CoE) supports Baxter’s monthly, quarterly and annual close processes and has high visibility to senior leadership supporting Baxter’s UCAN Finance organization.
This team focuses on ensuring accurate accounting treatment for complex areas of accounting, evaluating internal controls, and establishing efficient close processes.
This position requires strong cross-functional collaboration with various Local Country Finance contacts, the Costa Rica Shared Services Center (SSC) and other members of the Accounting CoE.
Duties and Responsibilities
Manage and be held accountable for the execution and analysis of the monthly, quarterly and annual close and forecasting processes for the UCAN P&L, Balance Sheet, and CashFlows. General areas of responsibility include revenue recognition, rebates, commission expense, royalty and profit sharing agreements, contingent liabilities, and leased hardware accounting. This role will serve as the primary point of contact for the US Renal, Global Service and Global Advanced Surgery businesses. This manager will also aide in the completion of account reconciliations
- Determine the appropriate accounting treatment for complex transactions ensuring compliance with US GAAP and completion of documentation for audit purposes
- Partner with cross-functional teams to ensure accurate/timely reporting of monthly financial data, including required US GAAP/management adjustments and accounting support
- Lead and coordinate review of result (trend, variance, growth analyses) for areas of responsibility
- Provide control and oversight for close processes including presenting results to key stakeholders such as Corporate, GBUs, Regional and Local Finance teams
- Lead process improvement initiatives for the team including analysis and identification of opportunities, implementation and monitoring post-implementation
- Manage, evaluate and develop staff (1 direct report)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA required
- Demonstration of key accounting/finance competencies and qualifications; typically 5-10 years of relevant industry accounting experience
- Previous management / supervisory experience is preferred
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and to apply professional judgement
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP and financial analysis, including understanding of internal control requirements and relevant business environments
- Ability to manage multiple, competing priorities and to effectively escalate or resolve issues to meet deadlines
- Process improvement and process innovation experience preferred
- Working knowledge of Hyperion Financial Management and JDE systems preferred
- Adaptable, self-starter with strong analytical skills and decision-making capabilities
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and collaboration skills
- Intermediate level knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment, often cross-functionally
- Respectfully challenge the status quo
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.