Quality Control Technician (12 month FTC)Req # JR - 027054 Location Croydon, England, United Kingdom Job Category Manufacturing Date posted 09/08/2020
Are you looking for a career that matters?
We believe every person deserves a chance for a healthy life, free from illness and full of possibility. We see a world full of healing, with viable care options available to those with limited choices today. We envision new ways of providing physicians, pharmacists and nurses with technologies that not only treat chronic diseases, but also work to prevent them. We’re looking for team members who are motivated to learn, grow and innovate, while making a meaningful difference for millions of people around the world.
Learn more about how Baxter is At the Intersection of Saving and Sustaining Lives.
We are currently looking for a QC Technician to join our high performing team in Croydon, to initially support the team on a 12 Month FTC. As part of the Quality team directly supporting the Operational functions, the QC technician will work closely within the Quality Control team to maintain support to operations and the QMS. The QC Technician will report directly into the Microbiology Supervisor.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Microbiologist related duties:
- To perform routine EM duties within the cleanrooms and manufacturing areas.
- To review microbiological and cleanroom data for accuracy, completeness and compliance with documented procedures.
- To support the Site and Group Microbiologists in the execution of studies and continuous improvement
- To ensure that all work carried out and documentation complies with departmental procedures and GMP.
- To ensure EM program is executed and Isolates required for identification are prepared, sent and receited and results entered for trending purposes
- To ensure growth promotion testing is performed for incoming media
- Excecution of Gassing qualification activities
QC Analysis related tasks:
- To ensure the QC facilities of Baxter Healthcare comply with the recommendations of GLP/GMP.
- To ensure all QC equipment is aligned with the site Calibration, Maintenance and Validation Management System (CMMS).
- Raising and completion of Micro OOL via CPI
- Raising of PDR’s for Micro OOL and Missed samples
- Drive corrective and preventive action implementation
- Participation in preparation for audits and Follow up and close out audit findings
- Green Light issuance
- Facility Monitoring
- Provide support for the equipment calibration and maintenance programme
- Provide support for reviews of environmental monitoring
- Performing Real time microbial assessments
- Participation in GEMBA process
- Assisting communication of changes to quality standards (obtained from external sources)
- Assisting in updating systems to align to new or updated requirements
Qualifications and Experience
- Pure life science degree or an equivalent in Biological Sciences or Microbiology
- 6 months experience of working within an Analytical or Microbiology Laboratory handling chemical or biological samples
- Ability to learn and retain new processes
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
- To be a willing and active member of the broader team
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in a timely manner with all members of the unit
- Ability to complete records accurately and with enough detail using Good Documentation Practice
- Dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers
- Experience of working in a clean room environment
- Background in Microbiology preferred
- Good Understanding of GMP
- Ability to read, interpret and transcribe data accurately
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.