Compounding TechnicianReq # JR - 045703 Location Coorparoo, Queensland, Australia Job Category Clinical Date posted 07/21/2021
This is where you save and sustain lives
At Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people around the world. You'll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients.
Baxter's products and therapies are found in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have pioneered significant medical innovations that transform healthcare.
Together, we create a place where we are happy, successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your best work.
Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining lives—where your purpose accelerates our mission.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a special person who is enthusiastic about making a difference and doing something that really matters. We are looking for a great team player, positive attitude, flexible and adaptable. You’ll welcome coaching and feedback and are always looking at ways to further develop yourself as well as the service we offer.
A great opportunity has become available for a Compounding Technician to join our team in Coorparoo in a Full-time permanent position, working on the following shift 12:30 pm – 8:36 pm Monday to Friday with ad hoc weekend work. The main purpose of this role is to support the aseptic production process:
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Picking and preparing raw materials
- Aseptically compounding (mixing) sterile solutions.
- Packing of finished units for each order including final inspection of products.
- Labelling and dispatching of prepared products.
- Ensuring documentation is completed in accordance with Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP).
- Adhering to Baxter’s Standard Operating Procedures
Essential skills & qualifications
- Enjoy work that requires a high attention to detail
- Be comfortable working within a cleanroom environment for most of your working day
- Be highly productive
- Demonstrate a good understanding of basic mathematics
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Be flexible across shifts within the operating hours of 7am to 6pm
- Experience in pharmacy, manufacturing or warehousing would be an advantage
- Tasks involve manual repetitive handling and dexterity
- Previous manual compounding experience highly regarded
Benefits & Culture:
As an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality and winner of the 2019 Women in MedTech Award, Baxter ANZ is focused on being a best place to work. Situated in Coorparoo, we offer a dynamic and future focused work environment offering workplace flexibility, additional annual leave and a strong value driven culture.
Apply today and experience a career that matters!
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by law.
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.045703