Operator V 2nd ShiftReq # JR - 067184 Location Cleveland, Mississippi, United States Job Category Assembly Jobs Date posted 04/15/2022
This is where you save and sustain lives
At Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people around the world. You’ll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients.
Baxter’s products and therapies are found in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have pioneered significant medical innovations that transform healthcare.
Together, we create a place where we are happy, successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your best work.
Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining lives— where your purpose accelerates our mission.
Cleveland’s technology and automation is cutting edge. It is the U.S. sole source for plastic pour bottles, glass IV, and various reconstitution devices. This facility produces a number of major product lines with a diverse array of automated manufacturing technologies ranging from bottle solution filling, injection molding, tubing extrusion, and device assembly. Our Cleveland plant has been an integral part of Baxter for over 60 years. The work is challenging and rewarding, as Baxter offers competitive compensation and benefits. Baxter encourages and values every employee and believes that all can make a contribution to advancing healthcare for patients; work to be proud of.
The assistant supervisor will provide guidance, support, direction and leadership through positive interactions with all personnel during daily operations.
- Perform all essential duties for Plastic Pour Bottle Packing production operations to include stack-off, visual inspection, batch documentation and operating work saver. Maintain steady flow of bottles on packing conveyor lines.
- Develop detailed operational understanding for all department equipment. Set-up machine parameters per operating procedures.
- Perform line clearance, quality checks, material movement, and required mechanical adjustments to equipment.
- Run label machine as required.
- Use blueprints, specifications, Bill of Materials, and Standard Operating Procedures to ensure product acceptability.
- Enter production data in applicable systems as required.
- Report abnormalities and corrective action to supervision.
- Comply with Good Documentation Practices.
- Assist with the analysis/trending of performance data such as scrap, rework, downtime, etc.
- Participate in and complete all required training. Participate in the training of new personnel.
- Participate in continuous improvement efforts and Lean exercises.
- Maintain good housekeeping in the working area and lead 6S responsibilities as assigned.
- Perform job duties as Material Handler as needed to cover department absences.
- Perform all other duties and responsibilities as determined by supervision/management.
- Capability to comprehend and interpret computer control documents and specifications. Computer proficient and ability to use software applications.
- Ability to read and understand specifications and procedures.
- Able to complete documentation legibly.
- Trained as forklift driver preferred.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively and efficiently in a team environment.
- Low absenteeism.
- Must be able to work overtime as required.
- Meet visual acuity requirements as documented in the Baxter Cleveland Visual Acuity procedure CL-01-01-037.
- Audiometric testing and hearing protection required.
- Ability to bend, stoop and climb cross-over ladders.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to lift, push, and pull up to 75 pounds repetitively.
Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma required. Additional technical experience, training, or education a plus.
- Basic knowledge of quality and safety procedures and regulations a plus.
- Mechanical aptitude required.
- Familiarity with Allen Bradley controls a plus.
ALL internal qualified applicants are required to submit a resume in addition to the Internal Job Application form page 1.
The successful candidate for this job may be required to verify that he or she has been vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to reasonable accommodations for individuals with medical conditions or religious beliefs that prevent vaccination, and in accordance with applicable law.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities globally. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please click on the link here and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.
Recruitment Fraud Notice
Baxter has discovered incidents of employment scams, where fraudulent parties pose as Baxter employees, recruiters, or other agents, and engage with online job seekers in an attempt to steal personal and/or financial information. To learn how you can protect yourself, review our Recruitment Fraud Notice.
Cleveland, MS 38732
United States of America Explore Now
Join Our Talent Community
We're grateful for your interest in a career with Baxter, and would like to get to know you. Joining our Talent Community is a great way to stay connected, learn more about Baxter, and help our recruiters find you if there's an opportunity that aligns with your background, skills and interests.Join Now