Mold Shop Technician (Thursday - Monday: 6:30 am - 3:00 pm)Req # JR - 021980 Location Cleveland, Mississippi, United States Job Category Maintenance Date posted 07/07/2020
Are you looking for a career that matters?
We believe every person deserves a chance for a healthy life, free from illness and full of possibility. We see a world full of healing, with viable care options available to those with limited choices today. We envision new ways of providing physicians, pharmacists and nurses with technologies that not only treat chronic diseases, but also work to prevent them. We’re looking for team members who are motivated to learn, grow and innovate, while making a meaningful difference for millions of people around the world.
Learn more about how Baxter is At the Intersection of Saving and Sustaining Lives.
Cleveland’s technology and automation is cutting edge. It is the U.S. sole source for plastic pour bottles, glass IV, and various reconstitution devices. This facility produces a number of major product lines with a diverse array of automated manufacturing technologies ranging from bottle solution filling, injection molding, tubing extrusion, and device assembly. Our Cleveland plant has been an integral part of Baxter for over 60 years. The work is challenging and rewarding, as Baxter offers competitive compensation and benefits. Baxter encourages and values every employee and believes that all can make a contribution to advancing healthcare for patients; work to be proud of.
Prepare molds and tool repairs for new and existing equipment. Provide training to less experienced mold repair personnel.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Must operate lathes, milling machines and grinders to fabricate small parts.
- Must be involved and provide input for turnkey systems pertaining to molding.
- Must read blueprints, gauges, and dials.
- Must analyze problems utilizing experience and troubleshooting techniques,
- Must be able to troubleshoot and repair 3-plate, 2-plate, and unscrewing molds as well as hot runner systems and their controllers.
- Must be able to interact with Management, Engineers (internal and external) and vendors to improve tooling.
- Must monitor and ensure the safe operation of equipment.
- Must control inventory of the necessary spare parts in order to reduce downtime and increase OEE.
- Must assume a leadership role in training and developing other personnel.
- Must be able to refurbish and maintain equipment to GMP standards.
- Must work well independently as well as with teams.
- Must perform all documentation as required.
- Must attend training programs as required.
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule in order to support operations.
- Must have knowledge of both plant and department environmental health and safety regulations and comply with said regulations accordingly.
- Must be able to perform all other duties and responsibilities as determined by supervision/management.
- The successful candidate must have a minimum of five (5) years to seven (7) years mold maintenance or tool and die experience or journeyman papers.
- Must have practical processing knowledge of various Plastic processes.
- Must be safety oriented.
- Must have low absenteeism.
- Must have good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must be inquisitive in nature and be able to formulate plans to drive solutions.
- Must understand Lean concepts.
- Meet visual acuity requirements as documented in Baxter Cleveland Visual Acuity Procedure CL-01-01-037.
- Audiometric testing required and hearing protection required
- Ability to lift, push, pull up to 60 pounds
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds
- Ability to stand and/or sit for long periods of time
- Ability to bend and stoop
- Ability to climb ladders
- Ability to reach above the shoulder
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.