Maintenance TechnicianReq # JR - 025015 Location Cleveland, Mississippi, United States Job Category Maintenance Date posted 08/18/2020
Are you looking for a career that matters?
We believe every person deserves a chance for a healthy life, free from illness and full of possibility. We see a world full of healing, with viable care options available to those with limited choices today. We envision new ways of providing physicians, pharmacists and nurses with technologies that not only treat chronic diseases, but also work to prevent them. We’re looking for team members who are motivated to learn, grow and innovate, while making a meaningful difference for millions of people around the world.
Learn more about how Baxter is At the Intersection of Saving and Sustaining Lives.
Responsible for performing predictive/preventive maintenance, troubleshooting and improving all equipment and systems associated with the facility.
- Perform preventive maintenance on plant equipment on a routine basis.
- Perform predictive maintenance routes and analysis for the plant which may include:
o Vibration Analysis
o Infrared Analysis
o Steam Trap Analysis
o Leak Detection
o Oil Analysis
- May assist in maintaining operating building components, electrical systems, Boiler Room systems, plant utilities and HVAC systems.
- Requires some familiarity with generally accepted building, plumbing, electrical and fire protection practices and codes.
- Must be familiar with plant SOPs and Corporate Specifications governing operations of equipment, critical systems and GMP practices.
- Must perform all documentation that is required.
- Must be able to interact with Management, Engineers, and Contractors.
- Coordinate daily work schedules with supervision.
- Must be able to assume a lead role in the department.
- Must work well independently as well as with teams.
- 24 hour on call availability.
- Must be contact person for questions regarding breakdowns and repairs.
- Must be familiar with machine shop equipment including lathes and milling machines.
- Must demonstrate the ability to diagnose electrical/mechanical equipment.
- Must have knowledge of both plant and department environmental health and safety regulations and comply with said regulations accordingly.
- Must perform other duties as assigned by supervision.
- Must perform and lead special projects.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- Must have 3-5 years general maintenance experience.
- Have low absenteeism record.
- Able to formulate plans to solve problems.
- Have leadership capabilities.
- Must have good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to use electrical test equipment; e.g., volt-ohm meter, ammeter, megohmmeter.
- Electrical troubleshooting capabilities.
- Knowledge of HVAC equipment and system functions.
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule.
- Meet visual acuity requirements as documented in the Baxter Cleveland Visual Acuity Procedure CL-01-01-037.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to push, pull up to 100 pounds
- Ability to lift above the shoulder up to 30 pounds
- Ability to bend/stoop
- Ability to climb ladders
- Ability to reach above the shoulder
- Ability to meet confined space entry requirements
- Ability to maneuver in tight spaces
- Ability to work in unfavorable conditions (hot/cold temperatures)
- Audiometric testing and hearing protection are required
- Ability to work in high places off the ground
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.