Maintenance Mechanic IIReq # JR - 041293 Location Cleveland, Mississippi, United States Job Category Maintenance Date posted 05/23/2021
This is where you save and sustain lives
At Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people around the world. You’ll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients.
Baxter’s products and therapies are found in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have pioneered significant medical innovations that transform healthcare.
Together, we create a place where we are happy, successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your best work.
Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining lives— where your purpose accelerates our mission.
- Must analyze and repair the following types of systems:
* Mechanical * Pneumatic
* Electrical * Control
* Hydraulic * Microprocessor
- Must setup, startup, operate, troubleshoot, and repair the following production and
* Bulk resin handling system
* Internal resin handling system
* Compressed air booster pump station
* Cool water temperature controllers
* Injection stretch blow molding machines
* Automatic gasket to bottle machines
* Bottle inspection systems
* Conveying systems (belt, air, and cable)
* MACO 8000
* AB PLC – SLC – Control Logic
- Must perform preventive maintenance on all equipment in Item 2 above.
- Must fabricate and repair components as necessary utilizing major maintenance
shop equipment such as:
* Milling machines * Grinders
* Lathes * Drill presses
- Must document all maintenance repair actions according to plant policies.
- Must maintain equipment in a manner to comply with clean room operating
- Must download, change, and monitor operating parameters for all major equipment
through direct interface or utilization of cell controller.
- Must follow equipment manufacturer and plant safety policies.
- Must perform all other duties and responsibilities as determined by
- Must have knowledge of both plant and department environmental health and safety
regulations and comply with said regulations accordingly.
- 3-5 years maintenance experience.
- High school diploma or equivalent. 2-year vocational technical school is desirable.
- 3-5 years plastics processing experience is desirable.
- Ability to work during plant shutdown and holidays as needed.
- Ability to work with and without direct supervision.
- Meet visual acuity requirements as documented in the Baxter Cleveland visual acuity procedure CL-01-01-037.
- Must be able to lift, push, pull up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to climb on ladders and catwalks to work on equipment.
- Audiometric testing and hearing protection required
- Ability to work in unfavorable conditions (hot/cold temperatures)
- Ability to lift above the shoulder up to 30 pounds
- Ability to reach above shoulder
- Ability to bend/stoop
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities globally. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please click on the link here and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.