Maintenance Mechanic II (Shift 7 - Rotating Nights 7PM-7AM)Req # JR - 040464 Location Cleveland, Mississippi, United States Job Category Assembly Jobs Date posted 05/09/2021
This is where you save and sustain lives
At Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people around the world. You’ll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients.
Baxter’s products and therapies are found in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have pioneered significant medical innovations that transform healthcare.
Together, we create a place where we are happy, successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your best work.
Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining lives— where your purpose accelerates our mission.
Cleveland’s technology and automation is cutting edge. It is the U.S. sole source for plastic pour bottles, glass IV, and various reconstitution devices. This facility produces a number of major product lines with a diverse array of automated manufacturing technologies ranging from bottle solution filling, injection molding, tubing extrusion, and device assembly.
Our Cleveland plant has been an integral part of Baxter for over 60 years. The work is challenging and rewarding, as Baxter offers competitive compensation and benefits. Baxter encourages and values every employee and believes that all can make a contribution to advancing healthcare for patients; work to be proud of.
Essential Duties and Qualifications:
- Must read and interpret electrical schematics.
- Must perform electrical repairs and preventative maintenance on equipment to include electrical switchgear, use of blueprints and schematics for control circuit repairs to motor control centers.
- Must build, install and troubleshoot control circuits for equipment.
- Must install electrical facilities for new equipment and relocate equipment when necessary.
- Must perform welding assignments as required.
- Must analyze problems and repair pneumatic systems.
- Must be able to troubleshoot and repair ink jet printers.
- Must be able to troubleshoot and repair solution operations equipment.
- Must crosstrain in all South Side operations, to include Filling, Packing, Vials, Prep Room and Sterilization, to proficiently perform maintenance duties as needed.
- Must be able to work shutdowns and some holidays to overhaul major equipment or install new equipment.
- Must perform all documentation as required.
- Be knowledgeable and able to troubleshoot microprocessor, HVAC and industrial maintenance.
- Must have knowledge of both plant and department environmental health and safety regulations and comply with said regulations accordingly.
- Must be able to work any shift as needed.
- Must perform all other duties and responsibilities as determined by supervision/management
- Three years general maintenance experience
- AB troubleshooting experience preferred.
- Ability to use electrical test equipment; e.g., volt-ohm meter, ammeter, megohmmeter, wiggly.
- Ability to troubleshoot and install DC equipment/controllers, generators, solenoids, relays, motors, power supplies.
- Ability to perform industrial maintenance.
- Basic electrical skills.
- Pipe fitting and welding.
- Audiometric testing and hearing protection required
- Meet visual acuity requirements as documented in Baxter Cleveland Visual Acuity procedure CL-01-01-037.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to lift above the shoulder up to 30 pounds
- Ability to lift, push, pull up to 75 pounds
- Ability to bend/stoop
- Ability to reach above the shoulder
- Ability to maneuver through tight spaces
- Ability to meet confined space entry requirements
- Must be able to climb on ladders and catwalks to work on equipment.
- Ability to work in unfavorable conditions (hot/cold temperatures)
- Ability to stand and/or walk for long periods of time
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities globally. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please click on the link here and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.