Maintenance Mechanic II - (1st)Req # JR - 066021 Location Cleveland, Mississippi, United States Job Category Maintenance Date posted 07/08/2022
This is where you save and sustain lives
At Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people around the world. You’ll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients.
Baxter’s products and therapies are found in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have pioneered significant medical innovations that transform healthcare.
Together, we create a place where we are happy, successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your best work.
Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining lives— where your purpose accelerates our mission.
Cleveland’s technology and automation is cutting edge. It is the U.S. sole source for plastic pour bottles, glass IV, and various reconstitution devices. This facility produces a number of major product lines with a diverse array of automated manufacturing technologies ranging from bottle solution filling, injection molding, tubing extrusion, and device assembly.
Our Cleveland plant has been an integral part of Baxter for over 60 years. The work is challenging and rewarding, as Baxter offers competitive compensation and benefits. Baxter encourages and values every employee and believes that all can make a contribution to advancing healthcare for patients; work to be proud of.
Use machine shop equipment to fabricate parts for new and existing equipment. Service and repair molds for injection molding.
- Responsible for machining parts from blueprints and drawings using shop equipment – including lathe milling machines, grinders, drill press, and other equipment.
- Disassemble, clean and reassemble injection molding molds.
- Must troubleshoot and repair mechanical devices and equipment.
- Must design replacement parts for production machinery.
- Needs to be able to troubleshoot and repair electrical systems.
- Must install new equipment and relocate equipment when necessary.
- Must perform modification of existing equipment.
- Must analyze problems and repair pneumatic and hydraulic systems.
- Must perform welding and sheet metal fabrication using arc and gas welder, metal saws, grinders, power shears, sheet metal break, precision measurement equipment and other shop tools.
- Must have knowledge of both plant and department environmental health and safety regulations and comply with said regulations accordingly.
- Must perform all other duties and responsibilities as determined by supervision/management.
- Ability to use hand tools, layout equipment, rotary table, all precision measuring tools, volt meters, drill press, surface grinder, metal lathe, milling machines, furnaces, welding and fabrication equipment and test equipment.
- Minimum of 3 or more years experience in tool and die making or job shop related experience.
- Should be familiar with personal computers.
- Should be familiar with CNC equipment.
- Audiometric testing and hearing protection required.
- Meet visual acuity requirements as documented in Baxter Cleveland Visual Acuity procedure CL-01-01-037.
- Ability to lift, push, pull up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to lift above the shoulder up to 30 pounds
- Ability to climb on ladders.
- Ability to reach above shoulder
- Ability to bend/stoop
Education and/or Experience:
- High School Diploma or G.E.D required
The successful candidate for this job may be required to verify that he or she has been vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to reasonable accommodations for individuals with medical conditions or religious beliefs that prevent vaccination, and in accordance with applicable law.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities globally. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please click on the link here and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.
Recruitment Fraud Notice
Baxter has discovered incidents of employment scams, where fraudulent parties pose as Baxter employees, recruiters, or other agents, and engage with online job seekers in an attempt to steal personal and/or financial information. To learn how you can protect yourself, review our Recruitment Fraud Notice.
Cleveland, MS 38732
United States of America Explore Now
Join Our Talent Community
We're grateful for your interest in a career with Baxter, and would like to get to know you. Joining our Talent Community is a great way to stay connected, learn more about Baxter, and help our recruiters find you if there's an opportunity that aligns with your background, skills and interests.Join Now