Maintenance Mechanic IReq # JR - 061843 Location Cleveland, Mississippi, United States Job Category Maintenance Date posted 03/23/2023
This is where you save and sustain lives
At Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people around the world. You’ll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients.
Baxter’s products and therapies are found in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have pioneered significant medical innovations that transform healthcare.
Together, we create a place where we are happy, successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your best work.
Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining lives— where your purpose accelerates our mission.
- Must read and interpret electrical schematics.
- Must perform electrical repairs and preventative maintenance on equipment to include electrical switchgear, use of blueprints and schematics for control circuit repairs to motor control centers.
- Must build, install and troubleshoot control circuits for equipment.
- Must install electrical facilities for new equipment and relocate equipment when necessary.
- Must perform welding assignments as required.
- Must analyze problems and repair pneumatic systems.
- Must be able to troubleshoot and repair ink jet printers.
- Must be able to troubleshoot and repair solution operations equipment.
- Must cross train in all South Side operations, to include Filling, Packing, Vials, Prep Room and Sterilization, to proficiently perform maintenance duties as needed.
- Must be able to work shutdowns and some holidays to overhaul major equipment or install new equipment.
- Must perform all documentation as required.
- Be knowledgeable and able to troubleshoot microprocessor, HVAC and industrial maintenance.
Must have knowledge of both plant and department environmental health and safety regulations and comply with said regulations accordingly.
- Must be able to work any shift as needed.
- Must perform all other duties and responsibilities as determined by supervision/management.
- One to two years general maintenance experience
- AB troubleshooting experience preferred.
- Ability to use electrical test equipment; e.g., volt-ohm meter, ammeter, megohmmeter, wiggly.
- Ability to troubleshoot and install DC equipment/controllers, generators, solenoids, relays, motors, power supplies.
- Ability to perform industrial maintenance.
- Basic electrical skills.
- Pipe fitting and welding.
- Audiometric testing and hearing protection required
- Meet visual acuity requirements as documented in Baxter Cleveland Visual Acuity procedure CL-01-01-037.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to lift above the shoulder up to 30 pounds
- Ability to lift, push, pull up to 75 pounds
- Ability to bend/stoop
- Ability to reach above the shoulder
- Ability to maneuver through tight spaces
- Ability to meet confined space entry requirements
- Must be able to climb on ladders and catwalks to work on equipment.
- Ability to work in unfavorable conditions (hot/cold temperatures)
- Ability to stand and/or walk for long periods of time
Education and/or Experience:
- High School Diploma/GED required. Technical Degree/Certification preferred
- 2 or more years' experience required
We understand compensation is an important factor as you consider the next step in your career. At Baxter, we are committed to equitable pay for all our employees, and we strive to be more transparent with our pay practices. To that end, this position has a salary range of $33,000 to $$76,000. The above range represents the expected salary range for this position. The actual salary may vary based upon several factors including, but not limited to, relevant skills/experience, time in the role, business line, and geographic/office location.
The successful candidate for this job may be required to verify that he or she has been vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to reasonable accommodations for individuals with medical conditions or religious beliefs that prevent vaccination, and in accordance with applicable law.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities globally. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please click on the link here and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.
Recruitment Fraud Notice
Baxter has discovered incidents of employment scams, where fraudulent parties pose as Baxter employees, recruiters, or other agents, and engage with online job seekers in an attempt to steal personal and/or financial information. To learn how you can protect yourself, review our Recruitment Fraud Notice.
Cleveland, MS 38732
United States of America Explore Now
Join Our Talent Community
We're grateful for your interest in a career with Baxter, and would like to get to know you. Joining our Talent Community is a great way to stay connected, learn more about Baxter, and help our recruiters find you if there's an opportunity that aligns with your background, skills and interests.Join Now