Maintenance Mechanic (2nd shift) - IndustrialReq # JR - 077514 Location Cleveland, Mississippi, United States Job Category Maintenance Date posted 03/23/2023
This is where you save and sustain lives
At Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people around the world. You’ll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients.
Baxter’s products and therapies are found in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have pioneered significant medical innovations that transform healthcare.
Together, we create a place where we are happy, successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your best work.
Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining lives— where your purpose accelerates our mission.
This position is a Salaried Non-Exempt position reporting into a specific area of the plant, which contributes to our mission of saving and sustaining lives by ensuring safe and efficient operation of plant manufacturing equipment through hands on maintenance and maintenance related initiatives.
Essential Job Duties
Basic Starting Skills
- Support plant production by performing repairs and preventative maintenance of manufacturing equipment in assigned area
- Troubleshoot equipment containing electrical, electronic, mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic, and vacuum systems
- Rebuild / modify production machines and components to support technology improvements and control parts cost
- Assist with installation of manufacturing equipment
- Use of hand tools, power tools, and electrical test instruments relating to control circuits
- Directly supports PMT, TPM, Lean Maintenance and Lean Energy activities through team membership, innovative thinking, and completion of assigned projects.
- Supports supervisor, technicians, and technologists on projects and complex troubleshooting events
- Involved in safety solutions
- Act as a resource for manufacturing operator skill training
- Helps develop area MIT skill sets
- Understands all preventive, corrective, and project activities should be completed with precision maintenance workmanship
- Utilizes predictive tools as assigned
- Analyze machine failures for root cause and recommend corrective actions
- Assist in annual equipment inspections
- Utilizes developing technical skills and process knowledge to solve troubleshooting situations
- Assist senior technician, principal technician, lead technicians and technologists in complex troubleshooting situations
- Understand how to utilize PLC inputs / outputs to assist in troubleshooting
- Use a drawing package and multi-meter to determine electrical issues
- Diagnose mechanical wear, alignment, adjustment, and setup issues
- Assist with the development of standard work for troubleshooting and setups/changeovers
- Works with engineers, technologists, vendors, and equipment suppliers on equipment projects
- Supports technologist or engineer on floor and assists other supporting groups
- Works with engineer, technologist, and quality to accept new equipment which could include being willing to travel with overnight stays for factory acceptance and training
- Accurately updates Maximo work orders
- Accurately completes all required quality documentation
- Checks out spare part inventory items to Maximo work orders
- Understands criteria that requires SR and other equipment related documentation
- Notify the supervisor and take appropriate action if any safety, quality, or discrepancy issues occur
- Sustain a clean and safe work area using 6S principles
- Learn, understand, and apply rigorous quality standards, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP)
- This position involves working around moving equipment
- Can include working in a Class C or Class D Controlled Environment which may include the following dress/gowning requirements: safety glasses, ear plugs, hairnet, beard cover, isolation mask, gown, hood, boots or shoe covers, face shield, insulated gloves, and disposable gloves
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Minimum of 2 years of mechanical systems repair, industrial maintenance or equivalent is required
- Associates degree in a technical related discipline (i.e., Industrial Maintenance)
- Must have basic English written and oral communication skills adequate to communicate with other team members
- Understand verbal and written safety and quality instructions and read and comprehend written work instructions including words and drawings
- Must be able to perform basic mathematics
- Basic computer skills required
- Well organized
- Self-motivated to achieve goals and require little supervision
- Ability to develop a concept from general requirements
- The position requires the ability to individually lift and carry up to 50 pounds
- Must be able to bend/stoop, squat, climb, reach above shoulder level, reach at or below shoulder level, twist and bend at the neck, twist and bend at the waist and balance
- Normal visual acuity is necessary including the ability to distinguish colors.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, department, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Overtime is worked as required. Some job duties are performed on a rotating basis. Teamwork with production, engineering, maintenance, and quality is required.
*Due to the nature of this position, the ability to work most holidays, some weekends and plant shut down periods is required.
We understand compensation is an important factor as you consider the next step in your career. At Baxter, we are committed to equitable pay for all our employees, and we strive to be more transparent with our pay practices. To that end, this position has a salary range of $33,000 to $76,000. The above range represents the expected salary range for this position. The actual salary may vary based upon several factors including, but not limited to, relevant skills/experience, time in the role, business line, and geographic/office location.
The successful candidate for this job may be required to verify that he or she has been vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to reasonable accommodations for individuals with medical conditions or religious beliefs that prevent vaccination, and in accordance with applicable law.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities globally. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please click on the link here and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.
Recruitment Fraud Notice
Baxter has discovered incidents of employment scams, where fraudulent parties pose as Baxter employees, recruiters, or other agents, and engage with online job seekers in an attempt to steal personal and/or financial information. To learn how you can protect yourself, review our Recruitment Fraud Notice.
Cleveland, MS 38732
United States of America Explore Now
Join Our Talent Community
We're grateful for your interest in a career with Baxter, and would like to get to know you. Joining our Talent Community is a great way to stay connected, learn more about Baxter, and help our recruiters find you if there's an opportunity that aligns with your background, skills and interests.Join Now