HVAC Maintenance Mechanic II (C Shift: Monday thru Friday 5:00 am - 3:45 pm)Req # JR - 028274 Location Cleveland, Mississippi Job Category Assembly Jobs Date posted 12/14/2020
This is where you save and sustain lives
At Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people around the world. You’ll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients.
Baxter’s products and therapies are found in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have pioneered significant medical innovations that transform healthcare.
Together, we create a place where we are happy, successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your best work.
Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining lives— where your purpose accelerates our mission.
About Baxter’s Cleveland, MS Facility:
Cleveland’s technology and automation is cutting edge. It is the U.S. sole source for plastic pour bottles, glass IV, and various reconstitution devices. This facility produces a number of major product lines with a diverse array of automated manufacturing technologies ranging from bottle solution filling, injection molding, tubing extrusion, and device assembly. Our Cleveland plant has been an integral part of Baxter for over 60 years. The work is challenging and rewarding, as Baxter offers competitive compensation and benefits. Baxter encourages and values every employee and believes that all can make a contribution to advancing healthcare for patients; work to be proud of.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform maintenance and PMs on HVAC equipment to include DX units, air handlers, chillers, towers, fans, pumps and refrigerators.
- Build, install and troubleshoot basic control circuits for equipment.
- Operate and maintain 3-phase motors and in-plant power distribution systems.
- Troubleshoot and maintain refrigerant circuits, chilled water and steam delivery systems.
- Troubleshoot control circuits: motor control circuits, plc control circuits
- Troubleshoot peripheral input/output devices to include Thermocouples, RTDs, Control Valves
- Configure and Troubleshoot VFDs
- Pipe fitting and welding.
- Must have knowledge of both plant and departmental environmental health and safety regulations and comply with said regulations accordingly.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum 3 years General Maintenance experience
- Experience pipe-fitting and welding
- Ability to perform industrial maintenance
- Lift up to 50 lbs, push/pull up to 100 lbs, lift 30 lbs above the shoulder
- Ability to bend/stoop, climb ladders, reach above the shoulder
- Meet confined space entry requirements
- Work in unfavorable conditions (hot/cold temperatures)
- Ability to work at heights
- Basic Electrical Skills
- Ability to use electrical test equipment: voltmeter, ammeter, meg-ohmmeter
- Ability to size fuses, circuit breakers, overloads, transformers and wiring
- Ability to read and interpret electrical schematics and the national electric code
- Ability to install and troubleshoot motor control circuits, relay logic and PLCs
- Ability to maintain and troubleshoot air conditioning and heating systems
- HVAC/Refrigeration experience is required
- Freon Certification (Must obtain certification within 6 months)
- Visual acuity requirements as documented in CL-01-01-037 (Baxter Cleveland Visual Acuity Procedure)
- Audiometric testing and hearing protection are required
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.