Asst Supv, ManufacturingReq # JR - 055007 Location Cleveland, Mississippi, United States Job Category Manufacturing Date posted 01/06/2022
This is where you save and sustain lives
At Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people around the world. You’ll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients.
Baxter’s products and therapies are found in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have pioneered significant medical innovations that transform healthcare.
Together, we create a place where we are happy, successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your best work.
Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining lives— where your purpose accelerates our mission.
About Baxter’s Cleveland, MS Facility:
Cleveland’s technology and automation is cutting edge. It is the U.S. sole source for plastic pour bottles, glass IV, and various reconstitution devices. This facility produces a number of major product lines with a diverse array of automated manufacturing technologies ranging from bottle solution filling, injection molding, tubing extrusion, and device assembly. Our Cleveland plant has been an integral part of Baxter for over 60 years. The work is challenging and rewarding, as Baxter offers competitive compensation and benefits. Baxter encourages and values every employee and believes that all can make a contribution to advancing healthcare for patients; work to be proud of.
The assistant supervisor position assists in implementing and supervising daily activities in the production area to ensure manufacturing goals and project deadlines are met while maintaining compliance with current good manufacturing practices (cGMPs), environmental health and safety (EHS) guidelines and any other regulations that could apply. May monitor and control labor.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists supervisor providing guidance, support, direction and leadership through positive interactions with all personnel during daily operations.
- Assists in supervising the day-to-day production, scheduling, staffing, material management, compliance, training and auditing activities – to meet customer requirements including deadlines and quality standards.
- Review, approve, and manage documentation for batch and system records. Assist in release of product for distribution. Assist in meeting product release time goals.
- Emphasize training programs designed to enable staff to consistently execute all manufacturing processes with strict compliance to cGMPs and EHS regulations.
- Develop and implement performance measurement and internal auditing programs in order to routinely evaluate operation efficiency and quality. Implement changes as needed based on assessments.
- Provide a positive and equitable working environment emphasizing the Baxter Shared Values: Respect /Responsiveness / Results.
- Must perform all other duties and responsibilities as determined by supervision/management.
- High School Diploma required. Bachelor Degree or Technical Degree is preferred.
- 0-3 years Manufacturing or Quality Experience in a leadership role is preferred.
- Mechanical aptitude is required. Additional technical experience, training, and education is a plus.
- Be inquisitive in nature and be able to formulate plans to solve problems.
- Possess proficient computer skills, Microsoft Office, AS400, PRMS, QMIS.
- Willing to work a flexible work schedule and overtime as required.
- Possess good communication skills both oral and written.
- Must be able to read, understand and follow GMPs, SOPs, Specs, BOMs, and all guidelines as they relate to the process.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to lift up to 30 pounds.
- Ability to proficiently use electronic weigh scales.
- Have and maintain a low absenteeism record.
- Ability to comprehend and interpret process and equipment specifications.
- Ability to evaluate quality of artwork (negatives, etc.) and determine sensitivity settings to achieve a high quality reproduction.
- Ability to identify picks in negatives and have ability to opaque non image areas on the negative material.
- Ability to expand or reduce image dots in negative halftones using the appropriate process chemicals.
- Must have knowledge of both plant and department environmental health and safety regulations and comply with said regulations accordingly.
- Meet visual acuity requirements as documented in Baxter Cleveland Visual Acuity procedure CL-01-01-037.
- Ability to bend/stoop.
- Must have interpersonal and communication skills for routine interaction with plant management and other plant personnel (internal and external).
- Knowledge of lock-out/tag-out safety procedures.
- Knowledge of Environmental Health and Safety procedures.
- Ability to climb ladders.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities globally. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please click on the link here and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.
Recruitment Fraud Notice
Baxter has discovered incidents of employment scams, where fraudulent parties pose as Baxter employees, recruiters, or other agents, and engage with online job seekers in an attempt to steal personal and/or financial information. To learn how you can protect yourself, review our Recruitment Fraud Notice.
Cleveland, MS 38732
United States of America Explore Now
Join Our Talent Community
We're grateful for your interest in a career with Baxter, and would like to get to know you. Joining our Talent Community is a great way to stay connected, learn more about Baxter, and help our recruiters find you if there's an opportunity that aligns with your background, skills and interests.Join Now