Process Improvement TechnicianReq # JR - 051709 Location Castlebar, Connaught, Ireland Job Category Assembly Jobs Date posted 11/18/2021
This is where you save and sustain lives
At Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people around the world. You'll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients.
Baxter's products and therapies are found in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have pioneered significant medical innovations that transform healthcare.
Together, we create a place where we are happy, successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your best work.
Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining lives—where your purpose accelerates our mission.
A great opportunity for a Process Improvement Technician in Castlebar team. You will play a key role in driving improvements within the manufacturing processes. You will work closely with manufacturing, Validation and quality teams
What you will be doing:
- Work as part of the Value Stream to identify, drive and implement process & safety improvements.
- Own various A3’s in areas such as, conversion loss, OEE and other improvements.
- Assist in maintaining a safety orientated culture, GMP compliant work environment.
- Gather and analyse data to help identify the root cause and corrective actions needed for improvement. Track and trend metrics within the department.
- Use of problem-solving tools and lean methodologies in delivering day-to-day improvements.
- Complete change controls, document updates, risk assessments and various other aspects of implementing improvements.
- Lead small projects and support larger projects in the Value Stream as necessary.
- Support the deployment and training of the Baxter Operating System which represents standard processes, tools, techniques and behaviours, that support the manufacture of products, the driving of employee safety, compliance and the creation of value for the company and customers.
- Support the value stream on various programs such 6S, Kaizens iCare, Behaviour Based Quality and Standardized Work.
What you will have:
- Ideally 1-2 years’ experience, post-graduation, in a regulated manufacturing environment.
- Good IT skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Third level Qualification in Science, Engineering or equivalent is preferred,
- Exceptions may be considered where relevant skills/experience and correct attitude and behaviours exist.
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.
Recruitment Fraud Notice
Baxter has discovered incidents of employment scams, where fraudulent parties pose as Baxter employees, recruiters, or other agents, and engage with online job seekers in an attempt to steal personal and/or financial information. To learn how you can protect yourself, review our Recruitment Fraud Notice.
Ireland Explore Now
Join Our Talent Community
We're grateful for your interest in a career with Baxter, and would like to get to know you. Joining our Talent Community is a great way to stay connected, learn more about Baxter, and help our recruiters find you if there's an opportunity that aligns with your background, skills and interests.Join Now