Plant Financial ControllerReq # JR - 052511 Location Castlebar, Connaught, Ireland Job Category Finance Date posted 12/08/2021
This is where you save and sustain lives
At Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people around the world. You'll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients.
Baxter's products and therapies are found in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have pioneered significant medical innovations that transform healthcare.
Together, we create a place where we are happy, successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your best work.
Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining lives—where your purpose accelerates our mission.
The Plant Controller is a member of the Plant senior leadership team. Directly and through subordinates, is responsible for month-end close as well as profit and loss, standard cost, capital expenditure, cash flow, headcount planning processes, activities performed in alignment with corporate policies and practices. In charge of maintaining adequate internal control measures to guarantee integrity of financial data and systems. Play’s an active role in various aspects of plant management and provides financial direction and recommendations to improve site financial performance. As a leader, drive actions to attract, retain and develop top quartile talent. This is a hands-on role requiring the ability to work at both a detailed task level and higher (European / Global) management support level.
This position will report directly to the EMEA Manufacturing Finance Director and in dotted line to the Plant Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage month-end close in partnership with Shared Service Centre and Manufacturing A2R Teams and publish accurate financial reports on timely manner.
- Prepare the monthly financial projection exercise with the support of Plant Management.
- Define and monitor internal controls and ensure compliance with corporate policies and procedures along with quarterly SOX certification.
- Analyse manufacturing and other variances to latest projection, forecast and budget and communicate drivers to management with recommended actions.
- Coordinate internal and external financial audits.
- As part of the plant senior leadership team, establish financial targets and monitor execution to drive operational efficiencies to achieve operating cost requirements.
- Responsible for the preparation of quarterly forecast and annual budget. This implies close collaboration with Planning & Deployment, Procurement, Quality and Other Functions, and preparation of the presentation to Senior Management.
- Lead discussions for all financial portions of plant performance monthly / quarterly reviews.
- Identify and flag financial risks and opportunities to management on a timely basis.
- Partner with plant functions to analyse new investment and business strategic initiatives.
- Coordinate as required with HR on payroll activity, insurance, pension and other services.
- Provide Leadership to the Plant Finance team and support their development plans.
- Promote Best Place to Work KPI; and Sustain a clean and safe work area using 6S principles.
- Deliver Finance Training to Non-Finance to support a better decision-making process in all areas.
- Proactively participate in plant specific activities and meetings (Tier, Gemba…)
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance – CPA / CMA / and MBA preferred
- Professional qualification ACCA/CIMA
- 7 - 10 years of experience in accounting / finance as Plant Controller in a manufacturing environment
- Experience developing and leading annual budget, periodic forecasting, and monthly closing process
- Experience developing and analysing complex financial models.
- Experience and proven ability in managing, coaching, and developing talents.
- Ability to prioritise and work effectively under pressure
- Strong IT systems aptitude (Excel, JDE, GME, Outlook soft/BPC/Hyperion, Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Strong Analytical Skills / Business acumen, and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of SOX regulations
- Demonstrable flexibility, change management, organisational and strategic agility
Key Functional Competencies:
- Ability to lead the planning and execution of key tactical and strategic imperatives for the finance organisation and contribution to the senior leadership team’s strategic development goals for the site.
- Project leadership skills across multi-function, multi-site organisations.
- Strategic outlook. Demonstrate the ability to influence at a broad strategic level across all functions. Bring alternative ideas to the Integrated Supply Chain business with an end-to-end perspective.
- Ability to build relationships and key partnerships across a large international organisation.
Key Professional Competencies
- Excellent communication and strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage complex matrix, cross-functional and cross-cultural projects, and processes
- Fluent in English, Other Languages a plus
- Travel 10%
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.
Recruitment Fraud Notice
Baxter has discovered incidents of employment scams, where fraudulent parties pose as Baxter employees, recruiters, or other agents, and engage with online job seekers in an attempt to steal personal and/or financial information. To learn how you can protect yourself, review our Recruitment Fraud Notice.
Ireland Explore Now
Join Our Talent Community
We're grateful for your interest in a career with Baxter, and would like to get to know you. Joining our Talent Community is a great way to stay connected, learn more about Baxter, and help our recruiters find you if there's an opportunity that aligns with your background, skills and interests.Join Now