ChemistReq # JR - 085161 Location Castlebar, Connaught, Ireland Job Category Chemistry Date posted 01/17/2023
This is where you save and sustain lives
At Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people around the world. You'll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients.
Baxter's products and therapies are found in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have pioneered significant medical innovations that transform healthcare.
Together, we create a place where we are happy, successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your best work.
Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining lives—where your purpose accelerates our mission.
We are actively searching for a Chemist to join our team of wonderful people based in our Castlebar, Co. Mayo site.
You will get the opportunity to work closely with multiple teams including Microbiology, Validation, Production, Engineering, and other support functions.
You will play a key role in processes which are critical to saving and sustaining lives.
What will you do?
• Analyse samples from various phases of the manufacturing process
• Use analytical techniques and instrumentation, such as wet chemistry, Atomic absorption spectrometry, atomic emission spectrometry, auto titrators, TOC, Infra-red spectrometry, potentiometry, ultraviolet spectrometry, gas and high-performance liquid chromatography (HPLC) among others.
• Interpret data and meet strict guidelines on documentation when recording data
• Report analytical results
• Develop techniques for the analysis of drug products and chemicals
• Work collaboratively in cross-functional teams
• Liaise with chemists and production personnel to ensure compliance and efficiencies are met.
• Validate methods and equipment
• Support the generation and approval of Quality Reviews and Annual Product Quality Reviews
• Identify continuous improvement and collaboration opportunities, promoting development and implementation of quality data and reports for improvement and optimization of business processes/results
• Support the batch release process
• Support the QA department in the preparation for and during inspections and audits
• Support new product introductions from a QA perspective
• You will have a qualification in Chemistry or relevant Science subject
• You will have experience in working in a similar role
• You will have excellent attention to detail
• The ability to work to tight deadlines in a fast -paced environment
• Work well in a team environment
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.
Recruitment Fraud Notice
Baxter has discovered incidents of employment scams, where fraudulent parties pose as Baxter employees, recruiters, or other agents, and engage with online job seekers in an attempt to steal personal and/or financial information. To learn how you can protect yourself, review our Recruitment Fraud Notice.
Ireland Explore Now
Join Our Talent Community
We're grateful for your interest in a career with Baxter, and would like to get to know you. Joining our Talent Community is a great way to stay connected, learn more about Baxter, and help our recruiters find you if there's an opportunity that aligns with your background, skills and interests.Join Now