Sr, Buyer Purchasing-Category LatamReq # JR - 028927 Location Cartago, Provincia de Cartago, Costa Rica Job Category Purchasing Date posted 10/16/2020
Are you looking for a career that matters?
We believe every person deserves a chance for a healthy life, free from illness and full of possibility. We see a world full of healing, with viable care options available to those with limited choices today. We envision new ways of providing physicians, pharmacists and nurses with technologies that not only treat chronic diseases, but also work to prevent them. We’re looking for team members who are motivated to learn, grow and innovate, while making a meaningful difference for millions of people around the world.
Learn more about how Baxter is At the Intersection of Saving and Sustaining Lives.
- The role is part of Baxter’s Global procurement Organization and reports to the regional procurement director for the Americas region.
- Responsible to support Category Management activities regionally for MRO, Lab Supplies and Utilities
- Project management across several functions
- Collaborate closely with the Management of Manufacturing Operations at senior level to support strategic and tactical objectives, define priorities and support the development and implementation of category strategies.
- Support sourcing and category management strategies for MRO and Utilities as part of the regional team. Develop internal and external benchmarks and metrics to support global strategies.
- Support the implementation of the category strategies and build strong relationships with internal stakeholders and suppliers.
- Support the supplier selection and contract negotiation process for key projects, within MRO and Utilities.
- Provide regular progress updates for the concerned categories to the Senior Management and to key internal stakeholders.
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, Engineering or Business.
- At least 4 years’ experience in related field with multinational organizations.
- Previous experience with MRO, CAPEX and/or Utilities is desirable.
- Must be able to speak and write fluently in English and Spanish.
- Proven experience in stakeholder and project management is desirable.
- Communication skills.
- Collaboration and team work.
- Strategic thinking.
- Analytical Skills.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural and matrix environment.
- Ability to work efficiently with virtual teams.
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.