Compounding TechnicianReq # JR - 027037 Location Canning Vale, Western Australia, Australia Job Category Clinical Date posted 09/08/2020
Are you looking for a career that matters?
We believe every person deserves a chance for a healthy life, free from illness and full of possibility. We see a world full of healing, with viable care options available to those with limited choices today. We envision new ways of providing physicians, pharmacists and nurses with technologies that not only treat chronic diseases, but also work to prevent them. We’re looking for team members who are motivated to learn, grow and innovate, while making a meaningful difference for millions of people around the world.
Learn more about how Baxter is At the Intersection of Saving and Sustaining Lives.
How can you be a part of something special?
This is a fantastic opportunity for a special person who is enthusiastic about making a difference and doing something that really matters. We are looking for a great team player, positive attitude, flexible and adaptable. You’ll welcome coaching and feedback and are always looking at ways to further develop yourself as well as the service we offer.
We are looking for a passionate and high-performing Compounding Technician to join our great Compounding Services team at our Canning Vale facility. Starting on a 12-Month FTC with possible extension, you will be working shifts from 7am to 3pm or 10 am to 6pm with ad-hoc weekend work. The main purpose of this position is to ensure the requirements of our customers (hospitals and home care patients) are met in an accurate and timely manner for the full range of aseptically compounded pharmaceutical products which includes parenteral nutrition solutions, cytotoxic treatments and antibiotics.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Picking and preparing raw materials
- Aseptically compounding (mixing) sterile solutions.
- Packing of finished units for each order including final inspection of products.
- Labelling and dispatching of prepared products.
- Ensuring documentation is completed in accordance with Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP).
- Adhering to Standard Operating Procedures
Essential skills & qualifications
- Enjoy work that requires a high attention to detail
- Knows how to organise tasks and self-manage workflow
- Be comfortable working within a cleanroom environment in task-specific personal protective equipment (PPE) for most of your working day
- Be highly productive
- Demonstrate a good understanding of basic mathematics
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Be flexible across shifts within the operating hours of 6:00 am to 8:00 pm
- Experience in pharmacy, manufacturing or warehousing would be an advantage
The successful candidate will receive full training in all aspects of the Technician role and will work alongside our site trainers and coaches until fully versatile and competent.
Benefits & Culture:
As an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality and winner of the 2019 Women in MedTech Award, Baxter ANZ is focused on being a best place to work. Situated in Canning Vale, we offer a dynamic and future focused work environment and a strong value driven culture.
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.