Medical Science LiaisonReq # JR - 032895 Location California (remote) Alternate Location : Washington (remote); Oregon (remote); California (remote); Nevada (remote) Job Category Clinical Date posted 01/12/2021
This is where you save and sustain lives
At Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people around the world. You’ll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients.
Baxter’s products and therapies are found in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have pioneered significant medical innovations that transform healthcare.
Together, we create a place where we are happy, successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your best work.
Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining lives— where your purpose accelerates our mission.
The Medical Science Liaison (MSL) functions as a field-based member of the Medical Affairs group. Medical Science Liaisons are healthcare professionals who interact with the scientific clinical community, key opinion leaders (KOLs), researchers, and medical, pharmacy, and nursing educators. They are a point of contact with clinical investigators seeking investigator-initiated research (IIR) support and with scientific experts to identify opportunities and sites for future Baxter sponsored research. Medical Science Liaisons develop professional relationships with KOLs in key therapeutic area of Advanced Surgery business. They participate in training sessions, deliver clinical/scientific presentations, and attend medical congresses and company-sponsored scientific symposia. This group will collaborate with the internal Medical Affairs teams in their therapeutic area of expertise to provide scientific information relevant to the launch of new products, support key product strategies and publications.
The primary objective of this role is to exchange peer to peer medical and scientific information with customers and internal stakeholders. This position is responsible for being well informed on therapeutic areas, up to date on major studies both ongoing and completed, competitive product information and clinical data.
- The budgeted salary range for this position is $135,000 – 165,000 + Bonus and Equity.
- Customer facing position as primary scientific expert in the therapy area(s) and to function as a product expert to internal and external customers
- Maximize patient benefit by expediting the availability of novel treatments
- Provide assistance on special projects in the therapeutic area including medical affairs, Animal wet labs, CMEs, advisory boards, KOL interactions, Nurse training's, scientific reviews, Investigators meetings, etc.
- Review of promotional materials to ensure that they meet the compliance/legal and scientific standards of accuracy and integrity.
- Acting with integrity to comply with both local and international regulations, standard operating procedures, processes and corporate governance.
- Contribute to regional Medical Affairs strategy related to clinical evidence generation.
- Develop and implement projects and research ethically in line with strategies and assist coordination of clinical trials in association with local and global teams.
- Provide scientific information for the up-coming products/indications in response to unsolicited request from clinicians.
- Interact with market access and commercial teams to provide regional support that enables resolution of market access and funding issues.
- Responsible to collaborate cross-functionally effectively with the therapeutic area team;
- Keep medical management fully informed about local issues, opportunities and action plans.
- Share medical information with national/regional Key Opinion Leaders about scientific information and clinical guidelines, differentiating product attributes and outcomes studies.
- Identifies and implements medical initiatives for development of new & existing product.
- Build and maintain advance disease, product & therapy knowledge with other relevant key stakeholders.
- Serves as the point of contact for investigators seeking investigator Initiated Studies support. Oversight of IIR milestones and accountable for follow with investigators up to publication / presentation.
- Identify and share information with WWM Strategy and Delivery team on potential sites for Baxter sponsored research
- Represents the Medical Department at Local and International Medical Congresses and Conventions, manning medical education booths.
- Monitors and facilitates pre-Congress abstract submissions to the local Medical affairs Department, attends poster sessions and oral presentations.
- Assists in CME programs development and organization and participates in scientific committees.
- Provides Information and Interpretation of the literature
- Provides clinical education and therapy training support to sales force
- Actively gathers and monitors Competitive Intelligence, in accordance with Company Policy.
- Supports marketing as needed.
- Supports Regulatory Affairs when needed.
- Assist in development and delivery of Scientific materials
- High ethical standards
- Demonstrated ability to build rapport quickly with the surgical team within the Operating room environment
- Detailed understanding of the local and appropriate guidelines & MA Code of Practice that govern Industry interaction with HCPs
- Demonstrated understanding of the Regulatory Affairs & Country Regulatory requirements
- A clear understanding of the Investigator Initiated Study process
- Excellent communication/presentation skills
- High level of professionalism and integrity
- Well organized and able to deal with multiple projects
- Good analytical skills
- A Team player
- Minimum requirement is a Clinical Nurse Coordinator or Registered Nurse. Experience in Operating Room preferred
- Be a qualified MD or PhD in a life science, preferably with specialization and/or clinical experience in the therapeutic area.
- 3 years + of demonstrated success as a Medical Science Liaison.
- Willingness to travel at least 50% of the time
A critical component of our company’s vision is to be a best place to work. As part of this commitment, we provide our employees with comprehensive compensation and benefits.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance coverage immediately upon hire
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Retirement Savings – Choose from pre-tax and/or Roth after-tax savings; Baxter matches 3.5 percent on your first 4 percent of contributions and provides a non-matching contribution of 3 percent of eligible pay each year
- Employee Stock Purchase Program – Purchase Baxter common stock each month at a 15 percent discount through payroll deductions with no brokerage fees
- Paid Parental Leave
- Pre-Tax Commuter Benefits
- Educational Assistance Program
- [email protected] – Global health and wellness program with access to resources and benefits to help focus on staying well through education and prevention, taking action to make healthy changes and dealing with chronic or acute conditions
- Business Resource Groups – Employee-run affinity groups that drive multi-cultural awareness and engagement at Baxter; provides a forum for employees to share knowledge, ideas, and personal experiences
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.