Field Service Technician IReq # JR - 088829 Location Brecksville, Ohio, United States Job Category Technical Services Date posted 03/13/2023
This is where you save and sustain lives
At Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people around the world. You’ll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients.
Baxter’s products and therapies are found in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have pioneered significant medical innovations that transform healthcare.
Together, we create a place where we are happy, successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your best work.
Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining lives— where your purpose accelerates our mission.
Your Role at Baxter:
The Field Service Technician I will perform functions related to product readiness for patient utilization on a wide range of rental and customer owned medical products. This is where we transform healthcare together by cleaning, disinfecting, operational function checks, and minor repairs of Baxter and non-Baxter products.
- At Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. For over 85 years, we have pioneered significant medical innovations that transform healthcare. We create a place where we are happy, successful and inspire each other. Our Field Service Technician's are available for 24/7 delivery, removal, and service support for products in service centers and customer accounts.
- Baxter offers a great benefits package including Healthcare Insurance, 401K, Paid Time Off, Parental Leave, and Employee Stock Purchase Plan.
What you'll be doing
- Move and inspect medical products within Baxter service centers, healthcare facilities, and private homes. Load and unload Baxter product and maneuver the medical equipment within truck beds.
- Troubleshoot and evaluate any needed repairs. Perform routine cleaning & preventative maintenance on Baxter products.
- Provide on-call coverage, up to 24/7 basis including weekends and holidays, which may require customer account visits.
- Navigate electronic devices like smart phone, tablet, or PC to enter in or acquire information.
- Demonstrate how to use Baxter product to hospital staff, caregivers, and other participants.
- Sustain a clean and safe work environment, including 5S activities (sort, set in-order, sweep, standardize and sustain).
- Safely operate a company vehicle ranging in size from a cargo van up to a 26,000-pound truck.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 65 pounds using appropriate processes, including proper safety and ergonomic procedures.
- Must wear proper PPE including safety shoes, eye protection, gloves, and protective clothing. Gloves supplied include both latex and non-latex materials. Complete all required safety and compliance modules and medical testing.
What you'll bring
- High School Diploma or GED
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Valid driver’s license
- Obtain and maintain a DOT physical card required
We understand compensation is an important factor as you consider the next step in your career. At Baxter, we are committed to equitable pay for all employees, and we strive to be more transparent with our pay practices. To that end, this position has a base hourlyrange of $16.15 - $24.23.The actual salary may vary based upon several factors including, but not limited to, relevant skills/ experience, time in role, business line, and geographic/ office location.
The successful candidate for this job may be required to verify that he or she has been vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to reasonable accommodations for individuals with medical conditions or religious beliefs that prevent vaccination, and in accordance with applicable law.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities globally. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please click on the link here and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.
Recruitment Fraud Notice
Baxter has discovered incidents of employment scams, where fraudulent parties pose as Baxter employees, recruiters, or other agents, and engage with online job seekers in an attempt to steal personal and/or financial information. To learn how you can protect yourself, review our Recruitment Fraud Notice.
BRECKSVILLE, OH 44141
United States of America Explore Now
Join Our Talent Community
We're grateful for your interest in a career with Baxter, and would like to get to know you. Joining our Talent Community is a great way to stay connected, learn more about Baxter, and help our recruiters find you if there's an opportunity that aligns with your background, skills and interests.Join Now