Strategic Analytics Manager, Specialty Injectable PharmaceuticalsReq # JR - 036670 Location Braine-l'Alleud, Wallonia, Belgium (Remote) Additional locations Newbury, Berkshire; Braine-l'Alleud; Dublin; Guyancourt; Warsaw, Masovian; Munich, Bavaria Job Category Commercial Operations Date posted 04/11/2021
This is where you save and sustain lives
At Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people around the world. You'll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients.
Baxter's products and therapies are found in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have pioneered significant medical innovations that transform healthcare.
Together, we create a place where we are happy, successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your best work.
Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining lives—where your purpose accelerates our mission.
This role is key to the development and implementation of pricing and contract strategy for the Specialty Injectable Pharmaceutical (SIP) business in Europe. The role collaboratively works with regional and country marketing, sales, demand planning and manufacturing to ensure Baxter delivers on strategic goals and financial commitments and avoids product shortages in market. The role requires detailed analytics and strong interactions with Competitive Intelligence.
- Defines processes and digital tools for how Baxter will proactively stay ahead of market and competitive trends, including what sources will be monitored, how insights from corporate strategy, GBU, and countries will be synthesized and shared, and how Baxter will turn insights into action.
- Continuously monitors and consolidates key market sources relative to the components of strategy pricing, volumes and analytics and quickly disseminates insights to appropriate teams for decisions.
- Identification of key risks to achieving program goals/development of mitigation plans.
- Works closely with key internal customers, including regional teams, therapeutic area leads, EMEA pricing and tenders team and the Pharmaceuticals GBU to translate market/competitive insights into action for the program which they are leading.
- Manages key programs and special initiatives across WE SIP business as required
- Support overall price-setting strategy for the SIP business in Western Europe
- Drive code-level pricing for key molecules in working with product marketing; maintain profit thresholds to support business financial commitments
- Analyze and monitor market share and competitor dynamics to stay on top of market changes and support timely price adjustments as appropriate.
- Stay well informed of emerging external trends and market dynamics to support pricing decisions
- Maintain master price list and price bands for each key molecule and key country, taking into consideration all price points, aligning with the overall business strategy including wholesalers, GPOs, rebates etc.
- Ensure pricing level integrity across customers with close coordination with the Commercial Excellence teams
- Supports in developing pricing strategies for new product launches working closely with product marketing and Commercial Excellence teams with care to consider local reimbursement laws into price setting processes
- Support BD&L team with appropriate inputs and data to help make informed decisions
- Establish and manage process for selling short dated products and work cross functionally to drive decisions on selling short dated products
- Consider government pricing impacts and future impacts in all decision making working with appropriate experts from Government Affairs, Commercial Excellence, Regulatory and Commercial teams.
- Demonstrated success in influencing senior leaders/decision-making in a highly complex, matrix organization
- Highly analytical, consultative approach to problem solving; adept at solving complex problems and synthesizing constantly evolving quantitative and qualitative information
- Comfortable/thrives in ambiguous/rapidly-evolving situations
- Superior communication/collaboration skills with courage/tact to challenge internal viewpoints when appropriate
- Team player who strives to deliver organizational and team goals
- Maintains perspective/focus on key priorities for the overall business/helps internal customers align to/maintain key priorities; facilitates senior leadership dialogue on program priorities, alternatives and necessary tradeoffs
- Identification of key risks to achieving program goals/development of mitigation plans
- Advocate for adopting innovative approaches and ideas
- Passionate about the pharmaceutical industry and Baxter’s mission to save and sustain lives
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.036670