Senior Manager Human Resources R&DReq # JR - 038256 Location Braine-l'Alleud, Wallonia, Belgium Job Category Human Resources Date posted 04/12/2021
This is where you save and sustain lives
At Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people around the world. You'll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients.
Baxter's products and therapies are found in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have pioneered significant medical innovations that transform healthcare.
Together, we create a place where we are happy, successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your best work.
Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining lives—where your purpose accelerates our mission.
In partnership with R&D Site Leadership team and key R&D business partners, and in cooperation with the Global R&D HR team, as well as the regional Centers of Excellence, lead all HR activities in R&D in Baxter Alliance Park. Supports the Benelux HR Director Benelux to implement the Global HR Strategy and manage the industrial and employee relations, employee experience, organization and individual development, change management and rewards & recognition in Baxter Alliance Park.
Monitors the wide range of above activities, referring to external agencies and global policies and programs for specific tasks as needed. Contributes to the development of local company policies and advises line management on personnel practices issues.
Manages, develops and enhances the day-to-day HR operations and resources in R&D Baxter Alliance Park. Understands, communicates and resolves manager and employee needs and issues. Provides consistent and timely HR policy and process communications to country based employees and coaches R&D site leaders as needed. Supports the organization in achieving the broader business goals and corporate HR initiatives. Activities will be set out, planned and agreed in advance as part of the business planning cycle, although there is also a need to respond to HR business needs as they arise.
Reports to the HR Director Benelux, is an active member of the HR Belgium management team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Influences and guides key organizational decisions, advises and coaches business partners and people managers in change management and consultation activities. Leads organization design processes in close collaboration with the R&D site leaders.
- Consults, implements and monitors HR policies, procedures and strategies with the specified businesses and functions (talent acquisition, talent management, rewards & recognition, organization development). Aligns with the functional/divisional HR representatives, while maintaining consistency at site level.
- Develops specific training and development activities at team, business or multi-business level (i.e. new employee orientation program, competency skills development at individual or broader level). Implement corporate training & development initiatives on site.
- Implements specific compensation and benefits initiatives across businesses to ensure effective and consistent country application and market rate competitiveness per function.
- Applies project management skills to implement and monitor HR initiatives effectively.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of Belgian employment law and applies this knowledge appropriately. Ensures compliance towards the social legislation, policies and procedures. Leads workers council and other social dialogue platforms when applicable.
- Works in close collaboration with the R&D Global and Site Leadership team to ensure strategic HR business partnership to achieve their business strategic objectives.
- Implements global/regional HR initiatives at the local business/site level (Diversity & Inclusion, Best Place to Work, …). Drives employee engagement through championing employee centric initiatives, supporting the Business Resource Groups (Baxter Women Leaders, Early Career Professionals) and BeWell@Baxter programs.
- Provides general guidance to Baxter employees and provides appropriate follow-up support in line with the HR employee relations strategies.
- Feeds the Baxter Alliance Park HR team to further drive a best in class employee experience as a key HR driver.
- Master in Industrial Psychology, Business Economics, Law or equivalent. A post-master degree in one of these areas is an asset.
- Minimum of 10 years experience in a generalist HR environment, ideally in an international environment.
- Experience in implementing HR projects/programs with impact in a complex matrix environment.
- Up-to-date knowledge of Belgian employment legislation.
- Fluency in English and French. Other European languages are an asset
- Demonstrates an understanding of B/R/F (Business/Region/Functions) strategic objectives and goals; understands interdependency among roles; analyzes current issues and desired future state
- Provides recommendations to improve organizational performance
- Applies understanding of the organization as a system and how all processes and components contribute to its effectiveness
- Partners with B/R/F management to implement organization structure, systems and processes; leverages available tools and assesses impact
- Coaches others in developing understanding and applying Baxter’s goals and strategies
- Develops and implements activities that drive and foster our shared values
- Builds inclusive teams
- Builds and executes communication plans and strategies to convey key information and anticipates reaction
Change and Project Leadership
- Manages key stakeholders and ensures their engagement in change initiatives
- Builds strong business partnerships and uses personal network to facilitate change
- Facilitates change by
- Assessing readiness and addressing potential barriers
- Understanding stakeholders
- Articulating desired behaviors
- Communicating new requirements
- Creating effective change management tools
- Consistently applies project management methodology; establishes effective project teams and creates measures of success
- Addresses, identifies and escalates issues, proposes changes to programs or processes
- Designs and applies processes for monitoring the effectiveness of a change initiative
- Monitors organization response to change initiatives
Coaching and Consulting
- Provides advice and counsel in a straightforward and focused manner to fit the individual and team needs
- Delivers negative feedback in a constructive way
- Recognize the team dynamics and provides guidance to management to achieve results
- Is genuine and self-aware; seeks feedback
- Proactively approaches others to build rapport, seek or provide help, and enhance one’s own network of business relationships
- Builds trust by holding self and others accountable to deliver on commitments
- Offers point of view to influence the business
- Employee advocate: represents the employee’s perspective to management
- Utilizes tools and processes to solicit employee feedback
- Leverages employee feedback to influence the organization in making changes in policies and programs
- Demonstrates fairness and objectivity; is tactful when dealing with confidential and sensitive issues.
- Leverages awareness of different cultures
- Promotes and maintains an inclusive and diverse work environment
- Stimulates open communication within teams in order to facilitate decision making
Human Capital Planning
- Demonstrates a deep understanding of the business/region/functions they support
- Identifies opportunities & risks related to the workforce (talent gaps, retention, turnover) and makes recommendations
- Builds business case using metrics to influence and guide key organizational decisions
- Understands how strategic objectives relate to people priorities; drives HR initiatives
- Leverages knowledge of business and matrix with HR expertise to build HR programs that support the business strategy (recruitment, assessment, development)
- Actively participates in the design and deployment of recruiting, compensation, development, reward programs, and succession planning with a focus on future needs, capabilities of the business and inclusion
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.