Warehouse Specialist (1st shift)Req # JR - 031456 Location Bloomington, Indiana Job Category Supply Chain Date posted 12/18/2020
This is where you save and sustain lives
At Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people around the world. You’ll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients.
Baxter’s products and therapies are found in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have pioneered significant medical innovations that transform healthcare.
Together, we create a place where we are happy, successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your best work.
Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining lives— where your purpose accelerates our mission.
The Warehouse Specialist is responsible for receiving, shipping, storage, inventory accuracy, and picking operations to support both internal and external operations, starting from receipt until final product shipment. The specific activities of a specialist are determined by the warehouse of assignment: Raw Material, Finished Product, Material Handler, or Driver. This position reports to a Manager, Materials.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (these are primary responsibilities of the role and the incumbent will perform other duties as assigned)
- Safe loading and unloading of trucks, including BOL/packslip verification and damage assessment.
- Proper packing of material for shipment.
- Utilization of various systems required to ship materials (FedEx, UPS computers).
- Proper documentation of shipping, receiving, or batch dispensing activities including active drug product and finished product.
- For all processes (Receiving, Shipping, Dispensing, Driving) receives and fills orders and performs order status inquiry for all completed orders. Adjusts orders as necessary when damages or shortages occur.
- Fills and prepares inventory for transportation through material handlers and monitors progress throughout shift to assure efficient completion of duties.
- Ability to travel to perform duties in multiple locations.
- Compliance with worldwide regulatory agencies Department of Transportation (DOT), International Air Transport Association (IATA), and other company SOPs and regulatory agencies in conducting warehouse activities.
- Perform general duties of warehouse, including: cycle counting, temperature monitoring, work order picking, ERP navigation and use, inventory accuracy, material storage.
- Powered industrial truck (PIT) operation, including other material handling equipment.
- Respond to environmental chamber alarms.
Truck Driving: Will be required to drive company trucks for transport of material; will require a Chauffer’s license and must adhere to other requirements for drivers. (Applies to all hires after July 2009.)
- Uses computer systems provided by company to initiate reports, track and transact inventory, and other activities.
- Coordinate movement of material, order picking, between warehouses and all company locations, at the correct product temperature.
- Proper completion of dangerous goods Bill of Lading (BOL) where required for carrying dangerous goods.
- Daily vehicle inspection and cleaning.
- Proper operation of temperature control unit.
- Proper downloading of truck data.
- Re-fueling trucks at assigned intervals.
- Adherence to Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations.
- Dispensing of material from Raw Materials warehouse.
- Must be able to operate barcode scanning equipment.
Job Requirements (Education, Experience and Qualifications)
- High school diploma or GED required, Associates degree preferred.
- Minimum 1 year of warehouse and/or technical office experience required.
- Must be able to operate forklift and other material handling equipment.
- Must be able to obtain Hazardous Materials certification.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook and the ability to use enterprise software (examples include: JDE, BPLM, Pilgrim, Trackwise, etc.).
Physical / Safety Requirements
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Must be able to bend, twist, stoop, and lift to support packing and warehouse activities.
- Duties require overtime work, including nights and weekends.
- Use of hands and fingers to manipulate office equipment is required.
- Position may require sitting or standing for long hours.
- Position may require use of PIT equipment for long hours.
- Must be able to work in various temps up to -65 to -85 Celsius.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.