Sr. Maintenance Tech (3rd shift)Req # JR - 025264 Location Bloomington, Indiana, United States Job Category Maintenance Date posted 08/04/2020
Are you looking for a career that matters?
We believe every person deserves a chance for a healthy life, free from illness and full of possibility. We see a world full of healing, with viable care options available to those with limited choices today. We envision new ways of providing physicians, pharmacists and nurses with technologies that not only treat chronic diseases, but also work to prevent them. We’re looking for team members who are motivated to learn, grow and innovate, while making a meaningful difference for millions of people around the world.
Learn more about how Baxter is At the Intersection of Saving and Sustaining Lives.
The Sr. Maintenance Technician works as a key member of a high performance team responsible for supporting daily manufacturing operations and equipment in a pharmaceutical production environment. This position reports to the Manufacturing Maintenance Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (these are primary responsibilities of the role and the incumbent will perform other duties as assigned)
- Troubleshoot and repair electrical/mechanical equipment failures.
- Identify and implement continuous improvement projects.
- Develop, monitor, and perform preventative maintenance procedures.
- Review and track equipment component failures and help make recommendations for increased long term reliability.
- Maintain appropriate equipment documentation and change control according to internal procedures.
- Participate in spare part analysis and inventory development.
- Installation and startup of new equipment.
- Must have a high school diploma or GED, Technical Associates degree preferred.
- Minimum 5 years industrial maintenance experience (or equivalent) in a multi craft environment.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook and the ability to use enterprise software (examples include: JDE, BPLM, Pilgrim, Trackwise, etc.)
Physical / Safety Requirements
- Must be able to lift, push/pull, and carry up to 50 pounds
- May be required to stand for over 4 hours per day
- Must be able to lift 20 pounds overhead
- Must be able to wear personal protective as required.
- Duties may require overtime work, including nights and weekends
- Use of hands and fingers to manipulate office equipment and hand tools is required
- Must be able to gown qualify for Grade A/B areas.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.