Senior Technical Service AssociateReq # JR - 034713 Location Bloomington, Indiana, United States Job Category Manufacturing Date posted 02/25/2021
This is where you save and sustain lives
At Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people around the world. You’ll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients.
Baxter’s products and therapies are found in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have pioneered significant medical innovations that transform healthcare.
Together, we create a place where we are happy, successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your best work.
Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining lives— where your purpose accelerates our mission.
The Senior Technical Services Associate is a member of Technical Services and is responsible for leading cross-functional project teams through the identification, justification, prioritization, initiation, development and implementation processes. This role collaborates with Quality, Manufacturing, Engineering, Program Management, Technical Services etc., to define the milestones to achieve commitments and identify issues and risks associated with plans. The Senior Principal Technical Services Associate is expected to have independent interactions, influence and lead the project team to ensure the accountability for deliverables and commitments and must effectively communicate with support functions, multiple levels of management and customers. This positions reports to a Mgr II, Technical Services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (these are primary responsibilities of the role and the incumbent will perform other duties as assigned)
- Leads team in defining project strategies, developing goals and ensures project scope is defined and controlled
- Continuously interacts with all functions and levels of management ensuring effective, ongoing communications across teams and stakeholders
- Ensures identification and communication of projects risks, development of risk plan and leads team in the proactive management of risk response strategies
- Anticipates potential conflict situations and manages to a successful outcome
- Assign and track team deliverables for project completion
- Coordinate project documentation
- Create and maintain project schedules
- In collaboration with the team (internal and external), establish, track and communicate project risks.
- Support in regulatory/quality audits related to projects and processes
Job Requirements (Education and Experience)
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Science or Engineering
- Minimum 8 years pharmaceutical manufacturing related experience.
- Minimum 4 years project management &/or technical service experience.
- Must have a working knowledge of project management tools and possess knowledge of related disciplines.
- Must have knowledge of GMPs and worldwide regulatory agency guidelines
- PMP (Project Management Professional) Certification is preferred.
- Lean Manufacturing experience required (i.e. value stream mapping, leading kaizen events to drive positive change on the floor, and a solid understanding of DMAIC.)
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook and the ability to use enterprise software
Physical / Safety Requirements
- Ability to stand or sit for extended periods of time
- Duties will require overtime work, including nights and weekends
- Must be able to gown qualify for Grade A/B areas.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.