Production Support Associate (1st Shift) - $15.25/hr + $2,500 Sign On Bonus!!Req # JR - 054986 Location Bloomington, Indiana, United States Job Category Assembly Jobs Date posted 12/22/2021
This is where you save and sustain lives
At Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people around the world. You’ll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients.
Baxter’s products and therapies are found in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have pioneered significant medical innovations that transform healthcare.
Together, we create a place where we are happy, successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your best work.
Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining lives— where your purpose accelerates our mission.
The Production Support Associate supports the filling complex by ensuring the manufacturing environment is in a ready and safe state for operations execution. It is an entry level position primarily responsible for upkeep and maintenance, including cleaning & sanitizations of production workspaces, stocking, material movement, waste discard, and general building organization. Ability to follow daily standard work assignments, current Good Manufacturing Practices, and Good Documentation Practices (cGMP/GDP) is expected. The Service Operator position is an introduction in the pharmaceutical work environment and may be required to cross-train as a support operator for additional areas. This position reports directly to a Manufacturing Supervisor.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (these are primary responsibilities of the role and the incumbent will perform other duties as assigned):
- Understand and follow current Good Manufacturing Practices
- Maintain organization at all times within the classified and surrounding areas to ensure manufacturing supplies are stocked and ready for use.
- Ensure gowning materials are stocked and used garments (laundry) are managed appropriately
- Trash removal, including management of product waste and reject units
- Sanitizing production work areas
- Warehouse cleaning and upkeep, including environmental chambers
- Management and upkeep of sanitization station supplies
- Identify and correct safety hazards
- Monthly eyewash station flushing
- Waste neutralization
- Pallet wrapping
- Material staging
- Locker room management
Job Requirements (Education and Experience):
- High school diploma or GED required.
- 6 months previous Manufacturing experience preferred
- Ability to write legibly
Physical / Safety Requirements:
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to push/pull heavy wheeled objects (ie: tanks, carts, pallet jacks, etc.)
- Must be able to perform overhead work (ie: sanitizing walls and ceilings)
- Physical coordination/flexibility to allow gowning for clean room environments
- Utilize applicable personal protective equipment, including safety shoes/toe caps, gloves, eye protection, heat resistant wear and hearing protection
- Dexterity and physical condition to perform some level of repetitive motion tasks
- Ability to wear respirator when product or task requires
- Eyesight to ensure effective inspection of equipment and/or filled units (corrective lenses acceptable)
- Duties may require overtime work, including nights and weekends
- Use of hands and fingers to manipulate office equipment is required
- Must be able to gown qualify for Grade C/D areas.
The successful candidate for this position will be required to provide his or her COVID-19 vaccination status as a condition to employment, pursuant to OSHA ETS requirements. If the employee is not vaccinated, then the employee will have to submit to weekly testing, subject to potential religious or medical exemptions.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities globally. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please click on the link here and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.
Recruitment Fraud Notice
Baxter has discovered incidents of employment scams, where fraudulent parties pose as Baxter employees, recruiters, or other agents, and engage with online job seekers in an attempt to steal personal and/or financial information. To learn how you can protect yourself, review our Recruitment Fraud Notice.
Bloomington, IN 47403
United States of America Explore Now
Join Our Talent Community
We're grateful for your interest in a career with Baxter, and would like to get to know you. Joining our Talent Community is a great way to stay connected, learn more about Baxter, and help our recruiters find you if there's an opportunity that aligns with your background, skills and interests.Join Now