Packaging Operator, 3rd shift - Shift differential + $1,000 Sign On Bonus!! Benefits day one!Req # JR - 088137 Location Bloomington, Indiana, United States Job Category Assembly Jobs Date posted 03/20/2023
This is where you save and sustain lives
At Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people around the world. You’ll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients.
Baxter’s products and therapies are found in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have pioneered significant medical innovations that transform healthcare.
Together, we create a place where we are happy, successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your best work.
Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining lives— where your purpose accelerates our mission.
The Packaging Operator works within the Finishing/Packaging Complex. They inspect, label, and package pharmaceutical products to meet client demand and expectations. They contribute to creating an environment where teamwork, productivity, safety, identity, strength, purity and quality (SISPQ) are reflected in the finished product. This position reports to the Finishing Supervisor.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1.Label, package, and document per written instructions
- Package product in boxes, cartons, syringes, vials, blisters
- Count materials/product to ensure accurate count
- Apply labels to various components
- Replenish packaging materials to areas/work cells as directed by Group Leader
- Monitor and document TOR (time out of refrigeration)
- Complete batch record protocol steps at the time of performance
2.Inspect, verify and track
- Scan printed materials Manually examine printed materials and products to ensure specifications are met, including variable text printed on-line
- Verify incoming materials for use
- Inspect product/materials for defects
- Perform bar code and systems challenges (as applicable) for equipment used
- Complete end of batch reconciliation and count verification
- Retrieve product samples
- Monitor and ensure appropriate downtime and efficiency information is logged accurately
3.Set-up, tear down and clear
- Participate and assist with line clearance activities
- Remove batch related materials from production area
- Ensure electronic inventory transactions for inventory tracking movement and material verification are completed
- Clean and clear debris from all work areas
- Dispose of rejects in the appropriate disposal area following reconciliation
- Stage materials in the appropriate designated locations
- Enter and verify information in logbooks, as needed
- Apply representation samples to the batch records as required
- Indicate appropriate signals with HMI (human machine interface) to track clearance, set-up, time, etc.
- Required to maintain attendance in accordance with the Bloomington Attendance Policy
- Scheduled weekend overtime will be required
- Visual acuity 20/20 with or without corrective vision and ability to pass color blind test
- Ensure all safety practices are followed and keep area clean and clear of hazards
Work Environment:Controlled pharmaceutical environment including wearing long sleeves, safety toe shoes, gloves and safety glasses.Ability to work in a team environment on a variety of automated and semi-automated packaging lines.
Qualification Requirements:To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions:
- Good communication skills
- Good documentation skills, including legible handwriting
- Good interpersonal skills
- Basic computer skills
- Basic math skills
- Knowledge of standard operating procedures, specifications, and job-specific training materials
- Requires the operations of multiple types of equipment related to the packaging operations as well as hand operated equipment including, but not limited to, such things as barcode scanners, scales and tape gun
Education and Experience:High school diploma or GED required, 6 months of previous Pharmaceutical or Manufacturing experience preferred.
We understand compensation is an important factor as you consider the next step in your career. At Baxter, we are committed to equitable pay for all our employees, and we strive to be more transparent with our pay practices. To that end, this position has a salary pay rate of $18.70. The pay rate is based on several factors including, but not limited to, relevant skills/experience, time in the role, business line, and geographic/office location.
This role is eligible for a $1000 Sign On Bonus to new hires who have not worked previously with Baxter within the last 12 months.
Language Skills:Must be able to understand, speak, read and write English in order to comply with necessary SOP’, job-specific training materials, GMP’s, and other manuals.
- Walking, climbing stairs and ladders, overhead reaching and/or lifting, balancing, kneeling, crouching, crawling
- Lifting up to 38 lbs
- Carrying up to 30 lbs
- Sitting, standing, reaching forward, object handling, fingering, fine hand coordination, simple and firm hand grasping, operating controls
- Lifting and carrying up to 32 lbs
- Pushing and pulling up to 16 lbs
Additional Requirement:Final candidates for Packaging Operator will be required to pass a post offer/pre-employment job placement examination which will test the physical capabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
The successful candidate for this job may be required to verify that he or she has been vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to reasonable accommodations for individuals with medical conditions or religious beliefs that prevent vaccination, and in accordance with applicable law.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities globally. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please click on the link here and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.
Recruitment Fraud Notice
Baxter has discovered incidents of employment scams, where fraudulent parties pose as Baxter employees, recruiters, or other agents, and engage with online job seekers in an attempt to steal personal and/or financial information. To learn how you can protect yourself, review our Recruitment Fraud Notice.
Bloomington, IN 47403
United States of America Explore Now
Join Our Talent Community
We're grateful for your interest in a career with Baxter, and would like to get to know you. Joining our Talent Community is a great way to stay connected, learn more about Baxter, and help our recruiters find you if there's an opportunity that aligns with your background, skills and interests.Join Now