OpEx Process Specialist IIReq # JR - 031566 Location Bloomington, Indiana Job Category Manufacturing Date posted 12/18/2020
Are you looking for a career that matters?
We believe every person deserves a chance for a healthy life, free from illness and full of possibility. We see a world full of healing, with viable care options available to those with limited choices today. We envision new ways of providing physicians, pharmacists and nurses with technologies that not only treat chronic diseases, but also work to prevent them. We’re looking for team members who are motivated to learn, grow and innovate, while making a meaningful difference for millions of people around the world.
Learn more about how Baxter is At the Intersection of Saving and Sustaining Lives.
The OpEX Process Specialist II provides technical/process support to maximize production efficiency. The position is visible on the manufacturing floor and has high interaction with the Production team. It’s expected that the OpEX Process Specialist II will drive process improvements and equipment effectiveness (equipment availability, operator efficiency and product yield). This position reports directly to the OpEx Manager and indirectly to Production Management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (these are primary responsibilities of the role and the incumbent will perform other duties as assigned)
- Develop a solid understanding of manufacturing processes / equipment – evolve into SME for assigned area. Equipment focus may cover syringe, vial or cartridge line / value stream, including lyophilizers, as well as packaging processes / equipment.
- As SME status achieved, serve as advisor to Building Leadership relative to assigned equipment and processes
- Develop a solid understanding Lean/Six Sigma tools: SPC, CPk, Statistics, Pareto, Fishbone, 5-Why’s, etc. Utilize these tools to drive improvements in overall equipment effectiveness (OEE).
- Participate and lead cross-functional continuous improvement initiatives (Kaizens) impacting performance and conversion loss
- Key member of the Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) team. Ability to manage multiple projects and work with cross-functional teams
- Review process trends to identify process improvements leading to VIPs, including: equipment downtime (PM’s, spare parts, equipment/tooling design), operator efficiency (set-up, tear-down, overall batch run speed) and product yield issues
- Responsible for standardization/training of set-up, operating, and troubleshooting procedures for Production, Maintenance, and Training personnel
- Ability to create, manage and approve Master Change Control and Work Orders
- Participate in and/or author investigation/analysis of complex issues and determine root cause(s) and implement innovative, cost effective corrective actions to prevent recurrence
- Act independently with minimal supervision
- Maintain Grade A/B aseptic gowning certification
Job Requirements (Education and Experience)
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred or 5+ years of pharmaceutical manufacturing experience
- Computer proficiency in Word, Excel, and Outlook and the ability to use enterprise software, such as BPLM, Maximo, Trackwise, etc.
- Must have the ability to work effectively in a “hands on environment,” utilizing problem solving skills to troubleshoot and improve complex equipment and systems
- Six Sigma Green Belt certification preferred; expectation will be to obtain at minimum a Green Belt certification.
Physical / Safety Requirements
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs
- Duties may require overtime work, including nights and weekends
- Extended periods of standing and/or walking
- Extended periods in Grade A, B, C, D production environments
- Use of hands and fingers to manipulate equipment is required
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.