Manufacturing Supervisor II (Finishing)Req # JR - 025151 Location Bloomington, Indiana, United States Additional Locations 40 Job Category Manufacturing Date posted 07/30/2020
Are you looking for a career that matters?
We believe every person deserves a chance for a healthy life, free from illness and full of possibility. We see a world full of healing, with viable care options available to those with limited choices today. We envision new ways of providing physicians, pharmacists and nurses with technologies that not only treat chronic diseases, but also work to prevent them. We’re looking for team members who are motivated to learn, grow and innovate, while making a meaningful difference for millions of people around the world.
Learn more about how Baxter is At the Intersection of Saving and Sustaining Lives.
The Supervisor II is a member of the Finishing Leadership Team reporting directly to the Finishing Operations Manager. She/he provides direct support to the Finishing production area consisting of execution of the production schedule in a safe and effective manner adhering to all current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) and Safety requirements. The Supervisor I leads direct reports and various cross-functional teams to maximize equipment efficiencies and provide continuous improvement opportunities utilizing LEAN Manufacturing principles and methodologies. They must fully support and drive operations on the production floor with the focus of running and improving the processes and must communicate effectively with production team members, multiple levels of management, and other customer support departments. The Supervisor II creates an environment where teamwork, productivity, safety, identity, strength, purity and quality (SISPQ) are reflected in the finished product.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (these are primary responsibilities of the role and the incumbent will perform other duties as assigned)
- Provide guidance, support, direction and leadership through positive interactions with all personnel during daily operations.
- Supervise the day-to-day production, scheduling, staffing, material management, compliance, training and auditing activities – to meet customer requirements including deadlines and quality standards.
- Interview, hire, coach, and develops staff. Conduct annual performance reviews for all direct reports. Assists in setting performance objectives and development plans
- Review, approve, and manage documentation for batch and system records. Assist in release of product for distribution. Assist in meeting product release time goals.
- Implement and support training programs designed to enable staff to consistently execute all manufacturing processes with strict compliance to cGMPs and EHS regulations.
- Develop and implement performance measurement and internal auditing programs in order to routinely evaluate operation efficiency and quality. Implement changes as needed based on assessments.
- Perform/lead technical reviews, investigations and process improvement projects. Provide manufacturing input into integration and validation of new equipment and processes.
- Resolves technical, material and cGMP problems that may impact project deadlines. Provide guidance and troubleshooting assistance as needed during a deviation in the process.
- Represent the company during audits and inspections. Provide information as necessary that establishes credibility and demonstrates compliance with cGMPs.
- Inspect facilities periodically to determine problems and necessary maintenance
- Prepare weekly maintenance schedules and allocate work
- Recruit, supervise and train maintenance technicians
Job Requirements (Education and Experience)
- Bachelors degree required.
- Minimum 5 years of manufacturing experience required
- Minimum 3 years leadership experience required
- In-depth process knowledge of related manufacturing equipment and processes preferred
- Experienced understanding of cGMPs and other regulatory guidelines applicable to the medical/pharmaceutical industry preferred
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook and the ability to use enterprise software (examples include: JDE, BPLM, Pilgrim, Trackwise, etc.)
- Basic serialization knowledge
Physical / Safety Requirements
- Required to stand for over 4 hours per day, including constant standing for 2 hours at a time
- Must be able to meet 20/20 vision requirement
- Duties may require overtime work, including nights and weekends
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.