Maintenance Supervisor - Packaging (3rd Shift)Req # JR - 031734 Location Bloomington, Indiana Job Category Maintenance Date posted 01/05/2021
This is where you save and sustain lives
At Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people around the world. You’ll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients.
Baxter’s products and therapies are found in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have pioneered significant medical innovations that transform healthcare.
Together, we create a place where we are happy, successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your best work.
Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining lives— where your purpose accelerates our mission.
The Packaging Maintenance Supervisor Leader of a high performance maintenance team responsible for supporting daily manufacturing operations and equipment in an aseptic, sterile environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (these are primary responsibilities of the role and the incumbent will perform other duties as assigned):
- Responsible for implementing and supervising daily maintenance activities in the production or facility areas to ensure manufacturing goals and projects deadlines are met while maintaining compliance with current Good Manufacturing Practices through staff.
- Manage, identify, hire, develop, and recognize technical staff; team may include senior level maintenance technicians. Provide technical direction.
- Identify/prioritize/provide resources to assist the department manager to meet the annual operating plan and budgetary commitments.
- Emphasize training and implement control systems on multiple shifts to complete all PM's on time.
- Commit to employee feedback and developmental processes.
- Provide a positive and equitable working environment emphasizing the Baxter Shared Values: Respect/Responsiveness/Results.
- Support and emphasize the Safety and Quality commitments of the department.
- Investigate and resolve disciplinary issues up to and including suspensions and terminations.
- Ensures alignment of maintenance priorities and resources to evolving business needs.
- Responsible for spare part analysis and inventory development.
- Assist in the installation and startup of new equipment.
- Has or is able to achieve Aseptic 10K Gowning Certification.
- Must comply with state, federal and corporate Safety and Environmental regulations.
- Other miscellaneous maintenance tasks and duties as required.
Job Requirements (Education and Experience):
- Requires a B.S. in an scientific or engineering discipline with a minimum of 5 yrs industrial maintenance experience or equivalent manufacturing experience; or
- B.A. degree in with a minimum of 5 yrs of industrial maintenance experience or equivalent manufacturing experience, or
- The completion of an accredited apprenticeship program (by presenting a certificated issued by the Department of Labor) and 10 yrs of industrial maintenance experience, or
- Minimum 15 years industrial experience in the Electrician, Machine Repair, Millwright or Toolmaker trades (by presenting notarized letters from previous employers).
- Experience with programming and troubleshoot PLCs
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook and the ability to use enterprise software (examples include: JDE, BPLM, Pilgrim, Trackwise, etc.)
Physical / Safety Requirements:
- Must be able to lift, push/pull, and carry up to 50 pounds
- May be required to stand for over 4 hours per day
- Must be able to lift 20 pounds overhead
- Must be able to wear personal protective equipment, including respirator
- Duties may require overtime work, including nights and weekends
- Use of hands and fingers to manipulate office equipment and hand tools is required
- Employee is occasionally required to lift and/or move objects weighing up to 100 pounds.
- Employee is required to talk, hear and see
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.