Machine Operator (1st shift) - $2,500 Sign On BonusReq # JR - 032916 Location Bloomington, Indiana Job Category Assembly Jobs Date posted 01/13/2021
This is where you save and sustain lives
At Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people around the world. You’ll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients.
Baxter’s products and therapies are found in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have pioneered significant medical innovations that transform healthcare.
Together, we create a place where we are happy, successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your best work.
Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining lives— where your purpose accelerates our mission.
The Finishing Machine Operator ensures maximum equipment efficiency to meet client demand and expectations. They contribute to creating an environment where teamwork, productivity, safety, identity, strength, purity and quality (SISPQ) are reflected in the finished product. Machine Operators will support Manual Inspection and Packaging operations when necessary. This position reports to a Manufacturing Supervisor.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (these are primary responsibilities of the role and the incumbent will perform other duties as assigned)
- Understand and follow current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP), including legible documentation complaint with cGMP procedures
- Follow and execute machine set-up and operation according to standard operating procedures (SOPs) and batch record instructions
- Read and interpret detailed equipment recipe process, high level attention to de-tail (precise measurements and sequencing)
- Maximize equipment efficiency during operation, ensuring first pass quality product
- Challenge equipment and or verification systems according to SOPs or batch record instructions
- Contact and work with internal resources and or vendors to maintain/improve equipment performance
- Meet equipment/line efficiency targets by proactively taking action to prevent downtime; work with upstream or downstream team members to help line flow
- Perform routine set-up and changeover activities independently, cleanup and line clearances to maintain cGMP compliance within Finishing work areas.
- Assist in the training and development of other team members.
- Scan printed materials Manually examine printed materials and products to ensure specifications are met, including variable text printed on-line.
- Verify incoming materials for use.
- Inspect product/materials for defects.
- Perform bar code and systems challenges (as applicable) for equipment used.
- Complete end of batch reconciliation and count verification.
- Retrieve product samples.
- Monitor and ensure appropriate downtime and efficiency information is logged accurately
Qualifications (Education and Experience)
- High school diploma or GED required
- 6 months or more previous Pharmaceutical Manufacturing experience preferred
- 2 years or more of experience operating and troubleshooting complex production equipment preferred
- Detailed instruction comprehension, including logic and analysis of data and basic math skills
- Effective communication skills
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook and the ability to use enterprise software (examples include: JDE, BPLM, Pilgrim, Trackwise, etc.)
- Each Machine Operator level will have specific training requirements
Physical / Safety Requirements
- Must be able to lift, push/pull, and carry up to 50 pounds
- Required to stand or sit for over 8 hours per day, including constant standing for 2 hours at a time
- Must be able to lift 20 pounds overhead
- Duties may require overtime work, including nights and weekends
- Use of hands and fingers to manipulate equipment is required
- Utilize applicable personal protective equipment, including safety shoes/toe caps, gloves, eye protection
- Dexterity and physical condition to perform some level of repetitive motion tasks and maintain pace of a continuous production process
- Eyesight to ensure effective inspection of equipment and/ or filled units. Eye sight to meet 20/20 vision (corrective lenses acceptable)
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.