Lyophilization Technician (2nd Shift)Req # JR - 033391 Location Bloomington, Indiana Job Category Assembly Jobs Date posted 01/21/2021
This is where you save and sustain lives
At Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people around the world. You’ll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients.
Baxter’s products and therapies are found in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have pioneered significant medical innovations that transform healthcare.
Together, we create a place where we are happy, successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your best work.
Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining lives— where your purpose accelerates our mission.
The Lyophilization Technician is primarily responsible for the preparation of lyophilizers, execution / use of the automated loading and unloading system, and appropriate control and monitoring of the lyophilization cycle. Secondary responsibilities include cross-training in other Manufacturing departments on other production-related equipment and processes. This position reports to a Manager, Manufacturing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (these are primary responsibilities of the role and the incumbent will perform other duties as assigned)
- Monitors each lyophilizer during operation via appropriate checks and documentation.
- Performs all aspects of lyophilization preparation such as Clean in Place (CIP), Steam in Place (SIP), and leak tests.
- Troubleshoots or repairs mechanical failures / faults with the lyophilization systems.
- Coordinates with the Maintenance, Engineering, Chemistry, Quality, R&D, Technical Services, and outside vendors to implement new client cycles / cycle updates, mechanical readiness of the lyophilizers, and troubleshooting of the lyophilization systems.
- Trains other departments on lyophilization related activities.
- Proactively evaluates system functionality to identify and prevent possible system issues that may result in equipment downtime.
- Identifies system malfunctions that require follow up and appropriate communication across shifts and departments to ensure proper equipment readiness.
- Assists with process/equipment validation.
- Ability to cross-train in other Manufacturing or Maintenance areas and train others on production-related equipment.
- Perform Preventative Maintenance on all Lyophilizer equipment including LUAT and TCAR systems.
- Participate & support lyophilization Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) team
Job Requirements (Education, Experience and Qualifications)
- High school diploma or GED required with a minimum 6 years of related manufacturing experience or
- Associates degree, preferably in a Science or Maintenance/Engineering field, with a minimum of 4 years related manufacturing experience.
- Knowledge of PLCs preferred
- Experience with refrigeration, compressors, condensers, HVAC preferred
- Ability to complete lyophilization and refrigeration training program
- Experience in a related technical field or discipline. Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot technical equipment issues/failures
- Ability to read and follow engineering prints and drawings preferred
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook and the ability to use enterprise software (examples include: JDE, BPLM, Pilgrim, Trackwise, etc.)
Physical / Safety Requirements
- Ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to push/pull heavy wheeled objects (ie: tanks, carts, pallet jacks, etc.)
- Must be able to perform overhead work (ie: sanitizing walls and ceilings)
- Physical coordination/flexibility to allow gowning and routine operations in clean room environments
- Utilize applicable personal protective equipment, including safety shoes/toe caps, gloves, eye protection, heat resistant wear, respirator, and hearing protection
- Dexterity and physical condition to perform some level of repetitive motion tasks
- Eyesight to ensure effective inspection of equipment and/or filled units (corrective lenses acceptable)
- Duties may require overtime work, including off-shifts and weekends
- Use of hands and fingers to manipulate office equipment is required
- Must be able to gown qualify for Grade A/B areas.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.