Inspection Operator- PackagingReq # JR - 032697 Location Bloomington, Indiana Job Category Assembly Jobs Date posted 01/07/2021
This is where you save and sustain lives
At Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people around the world. You’ll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients.
Baxter’s products and therapies are found in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have pioneered significant medical innovations that transform healthcare.
Together, we create a place where we are happy, successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your best work.
Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining lives— where your purpose accelerates our mission.
The Inspector Operator visually inspects (manually and semi-automated) product containers, closures and contents for defects according to standard operating procedures (SOP). They train and develop personnel to adhere to guidelines and achieve goals in order to meet client demand. This role contributes to creating an environment where teamwork, productivity, safety, identity, strength, purity and quality (SISPQ) are reflected in the finished product. This position reports to a Manufacturing Supervisor.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (these are primary responsibilities of the role and the incumbent will perform other duties as assigned)
- Manually visually inspect product in black & white booth or semi-automated inspection machine at established target rates or qualified speeds, respectively
- Organize and segregate rejects according to category of defect
- Count and or verify proper unit count; reconcile to count received
- Document all current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) activities at the time of performance and as required in the Batch Record or controlled forms
- Provide support and feedback to manufacturing team to reduce/eliminate controllable defects
- Assist with the inspection of performance qualification/validation materials, Technical Services studies, and larger scale sampling operations
- Inspect and document results from Knapp study sample sets for validation use; provide support for results summary
- Contribute to the inspection library when “new” defects or limit samples are discovered
- Clean and clear debris from all work areas
- Identify, communicate and solve problems to ensure quality, efficiency, and safety objectives are met
- Sustain 6S environment in assigned work areas.
- Set-up, Tear down, and Clear Inspection area
- Perform and or assist with clearing batch related materials from the inspection areas
- Participate/perform line clearance activities
- Dispose of rejects in the appropriate disposal area following reconciliation or box rejects to return to client
- Stage materials in the appropriate designated locations
- Prepare paperwork for upcoming inspection(s)
- Coordinate material on-time material delivery and pick-up with internal and external warehouse personnel
- Track/document Time out of Refrigeration (TOR) upon movement of product to and from controlled storage so as not to exceed specified limits
Job Requirements (Education, Experience and Qualifications)
- High School Diploma or GED required
- 6 months previous Pharmaceutical Manufacturing experience preferred
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook and the ability to use enterprise software (examples include: JDE, BPLM, Pilgrim, Trackwise, etc.)
Physical / Safety Requirements
- 20/20 Corrected Vision and ability to pass color blind test
- Must be able to lift, push/pull, and carry up to 40 pounds
- Duties may require overtime work, including nights and weekends
- Position requires sitting for long hours but may involve walking or standing for periods of time.
- Ability to move the hands easily and skillfully
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.