Sr Principal Engineer, Systems ConnectivityReq # JR - 022619 Location Bengaluru, Karnataka, India Additional Locations 45 Job Category Research and Development Date posted 07/30/2020
Are you looking for a career that matters?
We believe every person deserves a chance for a healthy life, free from illness and full of possibility. We see a world full of healing, with viable care options available to those with limited choices today. We envision new ways of providing physicians, pharmacists and nurses with technologies that not only treat chronic diseases, but also work to prevent them. We’re looking for team members who are motivated to learn, grow and innovate, while making a meaningful difference for millions of people around the world.
Learn more about how Baxter is At the Intersection of Saving and Sustaining Lives.
- Create system requirements, architectures and interface specifications to allow the connectivity of medical devices with each other and with external medical systems
• Collaborate with design partners, either internal or external to Baxter, to determine needed functionality, allocation of functionality to different systems and the specifications of the interfaces between the systems.
• Analyzing existing external systems for the potential of integrating with Baxter medical devices; identifying the potential benefits or areas for improvement in such integrations.
• Collaborate with functional teams, such as software, to realize system deliverables in functional deliverables, such as software requirements and software design.
• Work with the functional teams to ensure correct implementation of requirements and design through integration activities.
• Provide consultation to the verification team on formal verification strategies for a device or across devices.
• Ensure appropriate traceability between requirements, interface specifications, design and verification deliverables.
• Primary technical contact between Baxter and selected external design partners.
• Deep expertise with medical devices, electronic medical record systems and other medical systems resident in the hospital environment.
• Resolve competing constraints between interrelated functions (Engineering, Risk Management, Compliance, Clinical, Human Factors, Regulatory, Marketing, Service)
• Directing internal resources as well as potential contractors and/or 3rd party service providers.
• Ensure compliance to the product development process and Quality System and Design Control requirements.
Qualifications for this role
• Experience with medical devices and medical information systems.
• Experience in developing systems engineering deliverables such as requirements, architecture and integration deliverables.
• Requires strong organization and communication skills, with the ability to interface with both technical and non-technical personnel.
• Display a solid understanding of theories/practices utilized by other disciplines outside primary area of expertise.
• Ability to convince management on courses of action with minimal assistance using both written and verbal methods.
• Effectively operate in and may facilitate cross-functional teams with guidance.
• Must be able to provide solutions that reflect understanding business objectives and cost implications.
Education and Experience
B.E. or M.E. in Electronics & Communication / Computer Science and 15 - 25 years of relevant experience.
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.