Sr Mgr, SoftwareReq # JR - 022457 Location Bengaluru, Karnataka, India Additional Locations 45 Job Category Research and Development Date posted 07/13/2020
Are you looking for a career that matters?
We believe every person deserves a chance for a healthy life, free from illness and full of possibility. We see a world full of healing, with viable care options available to those with limited choices today. We envision new ways of providing physicians, pharmacists and nurses with technologies that not only treat chronic diseases, but also work to prevent them. We’re looking for team members who are motivated to learn, grow and innovate, while making a meaningful difference for millions of people around the world.
Learn more about how Baxter is At the Intersection of Saving and Sustaining Lives.
The Senior manager for Device SW engineering team will lead a highly skilled and experienced Application/Embedded software team that builds embedded UI Software platform for multiple Patient safety critical Infusion System products. This functional management role is based out of Bangalore and will have full responsibility for People, Process and Technology aspects of the platform. We seek outstanding candidates with proven expertise in engineering robust UI/Embedded platforms.
- Own the Software platform focusing on strategic planning as well as execution aspects of building the platform and sustaining it.
- Be a hands-on Technology and Execution leader, owning and reviewing roadmap/architecture/design of the platform and delivering to challenging timelines.
- Functional management of team – Setting vision and direction for the team, hiring, competency building, training, setting SMART goals, providing regular feedback, performance management, compensation management, development planning, career coaching, budget planning & tracking, championing Baxter values and creating an inclusive and engaging team environment.
- Collaborate with other Software managers in Bangalore and other global locations to establish a strong global team culture of delivering Software with high Quality and always on-time, while instilling a strong sense of patient centric product development.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams (Human factors, Marketing, Clinical, PMO, Systems Engineering, Systems Integration and Verification) to define and build right feature set into the product.
- Be an Agile champion and an advocate of adoption of Agile/Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) methodologies for Healthcare product development. Able to juggle multiple priorities while maintaining a high level of quality, organization, attention to detail and adherence to deadlines.
- Coach and mentor the team on all phases of Software product development to ensure compliance to Quality and Regulatory requirements.
- Be a change agent – Understand the competitive landscape, drive creative solutions and stay a step ahead on the Technology / Execution needs.
- Bachelors/Masters degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical/Electronics or equivalent.
- 15 years of Product development experience with at least 5 years in Functional management/People leadership roles.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in Software/Program execution roles.
- Strong Technology background with experience in C/C++/Linux, Embedded UI development and proven skills in building robust, reusable Software platforms.
- Strong background of QT/QML/UI toolkits/Visualization frameworks is a must.
- Experience developing products in a regulated industry.
- Hands on experience with Agile development methodologies, CI/CD in a complex product development environment.
- Experience working in a global product development environment in a matrix organization.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proven coaching and mentoring skills with ability to motivate, inspire and get the best out of team.
- Experience in Healthcare product development space with extensive knowledge of IEC 62304, exposure to IEC 60601-1, Risk management using ISO 14971.
- Exposure to HL7, DICOM standards and IHE frameworks.
- PMP/Agile certifications with ability to lead Release train planning, execution, driving Agile metrics.
- Sharp business and finance acumen.
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.