Sr Manager NPI PharmaReq # JR - 052098 Location Bengaluru, Karnataka, India Job Category Purchasing Date posted 10/13/2021
This is where you save and sustain lives
At Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people around the world. You'll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients.
Baxter's products and therapies are found in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have pioneered significant medical innovations that transform healthcare.
Together, we create a place where we are happy, successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your best work.
Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining lives—where your purpose accelerates our mission.
Job Description Summary
This position is responsible to be procurement’s primary point of contact for Pharmaceutical GBU. New Product Introduction project’s and initiatives. This position has a major impact on the company’s ability to successfully launch new products on time, within budget as well as meet quality, cost and delivery objectives. Additionally, this position will continuously and proactively investigate new suppliers and technologies in order to submit ideas to R&D, marketing, engineering, and category management to maintain a funnel of opportunities to support the organizational goals.
- Pharma’s, primary procurement point of contact for all new product development projects and will contribute as the subject matter expert for project planning.
- Execute procurement tasks to support on time product launches, delivering quality products, while achieving cost targets to algin with successful and profitable market launches
- Work closely with category managers to coordinate new programs and award new business that align with commodity strategies, while leveraging preferred suppliers
- Utilizes the strategic sourcing process, including the RFI/RFx process on a global basis. Manages supplier selection process and ensures supplier selections are based on sound selection criteria
- Negotiate and execute statement of work (SOW) and supply agreements by aligning with cross-functional teams for long term success of new products
- Support NPI gate reviews communicating sourcing requirements, supplier decisions, risks, cost considerations, etc.
- Own relationships with suppliers through product launch and efficiently/effectively transition ownership to assigned category manager
- Communicate and coordinate with integrated supply chain to transition new products upon approval to align with project and market requirements.
- Proactively and consistently assess, analyze, consolidate, and communicate risk & status clearly and succinctly, to stakeholders
- Lead supplier performance reviews for NPI projects
- Continuously improve processes and eliminate roadblocks for new product launches
- Support Due Diligence and Company Acquisitions
- Attend conferences, identify, screen, and visit potential new suppliers to generate new product ideas
- Work with category management and R&D for idea generation and partner on preliminary investigation of new/existing suppliers and technologies
Qualifications - External Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree required.
- 10+ years of experience in Procurement, Supply Chain, Engineering, R&D and/or Project Management in a regulated industry desired, API / Pharmaceutical Industry preferred
- Minimum of 5-year API Pharmaceutical experience
- Experience managing, drug, and biologic development projects
- Direct experience working within Pharmaceutical’s project management
- Experience with new product development programs, stage gate processed, with ability to handle a multitude of projects, required
- High sense of urgency, highly driven to win and break through barriers rather than using them as excuses
- High energy level and strong self-motivation required
- Executive level presentation skills
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills
- Ability to lead, develop and motivate suppliers and cross-functional teams, while working collaboratively
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to quantify/evaluate manufacturing processes and technologies to ensure “best cost” solutions for purchased components and new product cost parameters
- Knowledge of the full value chain, including purchasing/supply chain, product development, manufacturing, lean, etc
- Experience in Microsoft Office products such as Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and SharePoint
- Willingness to travel Internationally and Domestically as needed
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.
Recruitment Fraud Notice
Baxter has discovered incidents of employment scams, where fraudulent parties pose as Baxter employees, recruiters, or other agents, and engage with online job seekers in an attempt to steal personal and/or financial information. To learn how you can protect yourself, review our Recruitment Fraud Notice.
Karnataka- 560 048
India Explore Now