Sr Eng, SystemsReq # JR - 022989 Location Bengaluru, Karnataka, India Job Category Research and Development Date posted 06/17/2020
Are you looking for a career that matters?
We believe every person deserves a chance for a healthy life, free from illness and full of possibility. We see a world full of healing, with viable care options available to those with limited choices today. We envision new ways of providing physicians, pharmacists and nurses with technologies that not only treat chronic diseases, but also work to prevent them. We’re looking for team members who are motivated to learn, grow and innovate, while making a meaningful difference for millions of people around the world.
Learn more about how Baxter is At the Intersection of Saving and Sustaining Lives.
Baxter has long been on the forefront of developing innovative solutions for patients with kidney disease. This job offers a unique and exciting opportunity to contribute in the design, development and life cycle management of Baxter’s home dialysis systems.
You will be responsible for developing creative solutions to challenging issues associated with the design, development, and sustaining engineering for our new and existing home dialysis product portfolio. The successful candidate will possess solid “hands-on” technical abilities, an excitement and energy for product development, and a passion for their work and the impact it has on meeting the needs of patients.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Interact with customers, marketing, clinical experts to develop and refine user requirements.
- Ensure user needs are captured, quality requirements are met and technical risks are mitigated
- Lead the development and documentation of the product systems architecture and systems level design, including the decomposition of the system architecture and requirements into subsystem and interface specifications.
- Knowledge of standards, regulations, product safety and compliance requirements, risk management for development of safety critical systems. Prior experience in end to end product development of medical devices is a plus.
- Manage integration of deliverables from sub-system design teams and external partners.
- Resolve competing constraints between interrelated functions (engineering, purchasing, manufacturing, regulatory, marketing, etc.) required to deliver the product to market.
- Plan and execute system integration activities to minimize issues in systems validation.
- Develop test plans, test protocols, and test reports for product integration testing.
- Document traceability from requirements to verification activities, and from requirements to design entities.
- Resolve systems-related technical issues by applying problem solving tools such as cause and effect diagrams, Pareto charts, etc.
- Develop and maintain an effective and corroborative working relationship with internal and external development partners.
- Communicate design requirements and provide technical guidance to suppliers as needed.
- Provide leadership to effectively transition the product to manufacturing and ensure robust products and manufacturing processes.
- Graduate or Post Graduate in Electronics, Electrical, Mechanical, Biomedical or related Engineering. An advanced technical degree is desired. Experience should include at least 6-10 years of relevant technical experience, including technical leadership. Prior experience with Infusion pumps is a plus.
- Good knowledge of engineering disciplines and solid knowledge of related disciplines, Electro/Mechanical, Systems, Fluid Mechanics, Materials Science, etc. Good overview of device connectivity, software applications for medical devices is a plus.
- A demonstrated track record in electromechanical system development, preferably medical devices or other highly regulated product/systems such as aerospace or military hardware
- Have a proven track record of management/leadership effectiveness in a fast-paced environment.
- Proven ability to create results within budget, timeline, and product/project deliverables.
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.