Sr Eng, Instruction DesignerReq # JR - 026191 Location Bengaluru, Karnataka, India Job Category Research and Development Date posted 08/21/2020
Are you looking for a career that matters?
We believe every person deserves a chance for a healthy life, free from illness and full of possibility. We see a world full of healing, with viable care options available to those with limited choices today. We envision new ways of providing physicians, pharmacists and nurses with technologies that not only treat chronic diseases, but also work to prevent them. We’re looking for team members who are motivated to learn, grow and innovate, while making a meaningful difference for millions of people around the world.
Learn more about how Baxter is At the Intersection of Saving and Sustaining Lives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Communicates effectively with subject matter experts (engineers, clinicians, etc.) to produce accurate content for labeling materials
- Assists with the development of documentation plans, adheres to schedule, and ensures delivery to production
- Organizes and designs layout of technical information to produce accurate materials.
- Assists project team with issues surrounding user acceptability/ease of use issues.
- Assists with the development of documentation plans, adheres to schedule, and ensures delivery to production.
- Meets budget constraints and deadlines as required.
- Interfaces and communicates with an international group of subject matter experts to ensure that product functionality, manufacturing, service and user issues are incorporated into the resulting materials.
The technical communicator must be proficient with the following tools:
- Adobe applications (FrameMaker, InDesign, Illustrator, PhotoShop, and Acrobat Professional)
- Microsoft Office applications
The technical communicator should be:
- Analytical, detail-oriented, thorough, and accurate
- A strong collaboration able to work independently and on a team
- Ready to handle a broad range of tasks with multiple priorities
- Able to extract information from interviews, technical documents, test data, and hands-on work with a device and convert it to the appropriate level for the intended audience
- Focused on consistency, using style guides, branding guidelines, and company procedures to produce documentation
- Well-versed in basic printshop principles and act as a liaison to print vendors to ensure labels are produced in accordance with company policies
- Open to accepting critiques and striving for continuous improvement in every task
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
A minimum of 6-10 years of experience with regulating bodies or the medical industry is preferred as well as a minimum of 6-10 years of experience working in technical publications (preferably producing medical device documentation).
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.