Sr Eng, ComponentReq # JR - 025918 Location Bengaluru, Karnataka, India Job Category Research and Development Date posted 08/25/2020
Are you looking for a career that matters?
We believe every person deserves a chance for a healthy life, free from illness and full of possibility. We see a world full of healing, with viable care options available to those with limited choices today. We envision new ways of providing physicians, pharmacists and nurses with technologies that not only treat chronic diseases, but also work to prevent them. We’re looking for team members who are motivated to learn, grow and innovate, while making a meaningful difference for millions of people around the world.
Learn more about how Baxter is At the Intersection of Saving and Sustaining Lives.
Baxter provides a broad portfolio of essential renal and hospital products, including home, acute and in-centre dialysis; sterile IV solutions; infusion systems and devices; parenteral nutrition; surgery products and anesthetics; and pharmacy automation, software and services. The company’s global footprint and the critical nature of its products and services play a key role in expanding access to healthcare in emerging and developed countries. Baxter’s employees worldwide are building upon the company’s rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care.
- • Job Title – Principal Eng, Component
- • Location – Whitefield, Bangalore
- • Shift – General
- Create and revise specifications and drawings for control of component procurement utilizing and maintain a number of different product lifecycle management tools.
- Manage component library including schematic symbols and layout footprints.
- Analyze requirements to ensure that parts across multiple product lines conform and are consistent with engineering intent.
- Support design team part selection activities during product design phase.
- Monitor, identify and resolve all lifecycle issues that include identifying alternative suppliers and components.
- Evaluate and support development of current and new supplier capabilities, acting as key technical liaison with suppliers.
- Analyze and develop solutions to resolve issues associated with components, including defining and coordinating verification and validation activities.
- Manage and communicate with manufacturers and distributors to evaluate results effectively.
- Manage and perform failure mode analysis, addressing component quality complaints, and working closely with component manufacturers to ensure corrective actions are implemented.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent (Master’s degree preferred)
- Minimum 3 years of experience in Component Engineering.
- Extensive mechanical and electrical design and component supplier experience.
- Strong understanding of root cause analysis methods.
- Comprehensive knowledge of electrical and mechanical engineering disciplines.
- Proficiency with MS Office and other office productivity tools.
- Clear and effective communication (written and oral) and presentation skills.
- Good interpersonal skills and able to work well with others across disciplines collaboratively.
- Comfortable and effective in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment, where small teams share a broad variety of duties.
- Has strong self-initiative and drive to accomplish goals and meet company objectives.
- Experience in a regulated industry preferably medical devices and familiarity with ISO 13485, IEC 60601 and ISO 14971.
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent knowledge of electrical and mechanical software tools; administrator roles and experience highly preferred.
- Solid computer skills: email, documentation and collaboration tools: e.g. WebEx, Teams, Microsoft Office products, etc.
- Self-directed, resourceful, and able to work on multiple projects and priorities.
- Strong organization, attention to detail, and documentation skills.
- Strong hands-on lab and testing skills.
- Very adept at grasping and solving complex problems using root-cause analysis techniques.
- Expert knowledge of active and passive electrical components, and suppliers.
- Expert knowledge of mechanical part manufacturing processes including injection molding, sheet metal fabrication, casting and machining.
- Knowledgeable in design processes including DFM and DFA.
- Knowledgeable in good engineering drawing practices including geometric dimensioning and tolerancing.
- Ability to objectively identify technical solutions.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.