spec, ITReq # JR - 031708 Location Bengaluru, Karnataka Job Category Information Technology Date posted 01/05/2021
This is where you save and sustain lives
At Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people around the world. You’ll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients.
Baxter’s products and therapiesare foundin almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. Forover 85years, we have pioneered significant medical innovations that transform healthcare.
Together, we create a place where we are happy, successful and inspire each other.This iswhere you can do your best work.
Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining lives— where your purpose accelerates our mission.
Job Title: Data Modeler – Cloud (AWS Technologies)
Experience: 10 – 11 Yrs
Location: Bangalore, India
The Data Modeler will work with Business and/or Technical analyst in effectively translating the Business Requirements into conceptual, logical, and physical data models.
- Work with lead data architect to determine a high-level data strategy for the Enterprise Data Warehouse.
- Work with business partners on the full lifecycle of data-related projects from requirements analysis and design through development.
- Responsible for creating, and maintaining, conceptual, logical and physical data models defining information requirements for management and business intelligence purpose.
- Participate in ETL design and act as SME on source and target data structures
- Analyze the current BI landscape and propose suitable dimensional data models that can address the current business challenges and scale out for future requirements
- Work with Business/Functional Analysts to build and refine the Conceptual Data Models covering the business process and producing the LDMs/PDMs for Developers and publishing the models for Testers.
- Establish data lineage and its impacts for business and IT consumption.
- Review and suggest model driven Data Governance for the BI landscape.
- Pull data from databases on different platforms (i.e. Oracle, SQL Server, Teradata, Hadoop and AWS Source systems) to integrate data and build an analytic data mart.
- Assist developers, ETL, BI team and end users to understand the data model.
- Working with AWS services and its components; OLTP and OLAP systems.
- Responsible for summarizing complex findings clearly and concisely with stakeholders.
- Should be responsible for working as an individual contributor for the project.
- Successful management of project delivery to agreed outcomes and time frames.
- Work with the project & change management team to develop training materials.
- 10 Years of experience working with BI technology.
- Minimum 4 years of experience in database development and administration; Experience with data integration and database design, knowledge of Data Warehousing methodologies.
- Minimum 4 Year of experience working with planning, designing of data model.
- Strong SQL skills to analyze, manipulate data, investigate data problems, and develop reports
- Good experience on ETL tools like IBM Data Stage etc. AWS service components will be added advantage
- Hands-on experience in working with AWS DB Services objects – AWS RDS, Redshift and Aurora.
- Strong skills required in Oracle DB design.
- Well versed with Reverse/forward engineering in creating data models in Visio or any other tool preferable.
- Good experience working with OLTP (ODS, data marts etc.), OLAP and Cloud systems.
- Experience with enterprise reporting tools such as Cognos or Business Objects or Tableau.
- Excellent data interpretation and communication skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively to all levels of management
- Able to work in virtual teams and international exposure is a must.
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.