Spec, ITReq # JR - 030574 Location Bengaluru, Karnataka Job Category Information Technology Date posted 12/22/2020
This is where you save and sustain lives
At Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people around the world. You’ll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients.
Baxter’s products and therapiesare foundin almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. Forover 85years, we have pioneered significant medical innovations that transform healthcare.
Together, we create a place where we are happy, successful and inspire each other.This iswhere you can do your best work.
Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining lives— where your purpose accelerates our mission.
Baxter provides a broad portfolio of essential renal and hospital products, including home, acute and in-centre dialysis; sterile IV solutions; infusion systems and devices; parenteral nutrition; surgery products and anesthetics; and pharmacy automation, software and services. The company’s global footprint and the critical nature of its products and services play a key role in expanding access to healthcare in emerging and developed countries. Baxter’s employees worldwide are building upon the company’s rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care
Baxter GDC a global IT shared services center, in Bangalore to deliver Baxter’s global enterprise IT needs. We develop and deploy enterprise wide IT solutions that support critical operations from HR to Manufacturing, Finance, Quality Compliance, Legal and other functions within the organization.
Job Title – Sr. Specialist, IT Location – Whitefield, BangaloreShift – Multiple shifts between 7am and 9pm in support of 24x7 Operations
The primary purpose of this position is to monitor and address security alerts in a fast paced global environment. Core processes include triage, investigation, containment and escalation of incidents based on their severity. This position requires shift work and on-call duties in support of 24x7 coverage for global security monitoring and incident response. Overtime could be necessary to support activities during a major incident.
- Monitor core security platforms throughout the shift and triage alerts quickly and consistently
- Investigate alerts and execute containment and remediation actions to ensure that problems are fully resolved or escalated as needed
- Execute threat hunts to uncover malicious activity that may have gone undetected by automated security alerting
- Support the collection and analysis of internally and externally sourced threat intelligence
- Support major security incident management by addressing data collection, analysis and communications requirements on a global scale
- Document incidents, investigation actions and lessons learned to support continuous improvement within the team
- Support additional engineering, operations and IT security projects as requested by management
Qualifications and Skills
- 5+ years of experience with security monitoring, triage and incident handling
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, a related field or equivalent demonstrated experience and knowledge
- Demonstrated skill operating security tools including Email, endpoint, web, network and cloud
- Security Incident and Event Management (SIEM) and ticket management experience required
- Familiar with enterprise IT processes for asset, configuration, change, incident and problem management
- Familiar with the normal operation of common network communication protocols, authentication processes and logging capabilities of modern platforms to identify and resolve security events
- Able to recognize anomalous and malicious behavior and techniques
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated skill working as part of a team, collaborating and supporting peers in a fast-paced environment
- Industry certifications nice to have: OSCP, GCIH, GCIA, GCFE, GREM, GCFA, GSEC, CEH, CISSP, CISM
EEO (Equal Employment Opportunity)
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.