Research Associate - IIReq # JR - 028833 Location Bengaluru, Karnataka, India Job Category Research and Development Date posted 10/15/2020
Are you looking for a career that matters?
We believe every person deserves a chance for a healthy life, free from illness and full of possibility. We see a world full of healing, with viable care options available to those with limited choices today. We envision new ways of providing physicians, pharmacists and nurses with technologies that not only treat chronic diseases, but also work to prevent them. We’re looking for team members who are motivated to learn, grow and innovate, while making a meaningful difference for millions of people around the world.
Learn more about how Baxter is At the Intersection of Saving and Sustaining Lives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities. This section contains a list of five to eight primary responsibilities of the work. The incumbent will perform other duties as assigned.
- Participate / support / organize the feasibility, development and validation / transfer of analytical methods to analyze raw materials and finished products in the frame of R&D projects (for example developing extraction methodologies to evaluate a change of material’s (organic and inorganic) extraction profile. This includes methods for elemental impurities (ICP-MS), extractables / leachables and organic impurities (LC-MS/GC-MS) determination.
- Prepare technical protocols and reports in English. Interpret experimental data and present conclusions to supervisor, project leader and management.
- Provide support for initiatives in technological development, competitive product analysis, market and regulatory affairs questions, industrial troubleshooting, etc.
- Adhere to the Quality Systems, understand and apply applicable corporate, divisional and departmental procedures as required. Conform to GMP and GDP standards and adhere to general and specific environmental, health and safety guidelines.
- Conduct change control impact assessments and write risk assessment reports in accordance with pharmaceutical guidelines (USP, ICH, EP).
- Create and update analytical procedures, participate to the ordering of raw materials, analytical material or equipment pieces.
- Maintain laboratory reagents, materials and equipment as directed, including obtaining such items, maintaining materials and equipment in good operating order.
- When required, contact external partners and take ownership to follow up project progression.
Qualifications. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. List knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
N/A: Intern or Co-op
- Good working knowledge of:
- Analytical Chemistry: knowledge of analytical techniques (physicochemical testing, chemical / analytical techniques as GC, HPLC / UPLC, ICP), Good Laboratory Practices (GLP).
- Trace chemical analysis and associated instrumental techniques.
- International/regional/national regulations and standards.
- Ability to objectively assess, organize, and clearly communicate complex information.
- Strong quantitative/qualitative assessment and critical thinking skills in support of analyzing and solving complex problems through innovative thought and experience.
- Self-motivated, resourceful, and flexible. A self-starter is imperative.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and ability to communicate effectively with internal and external customers.
- Technical writing proficiency to author internal reports and scientific papers.
- Demonstrates flexibility and ability to shift gears between projects comfortably.
- Fluent in English.
Education and/or Experience. Include the education and/or experience that is necessary to perform the job satisfactorily.
N/A: Intern or Co-op
- Bachelor degree in Chemistry or Analytical Chemistry with 10 years of related experience OR Master’s degree with 4 to 8 years of related experience OR an advanced degree.
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.