Principal Engineer - Embedded SWReq # JR - 030305 Location Bengaluru, Karnataka, India Job Category Research and Development Date posted 11/20/2020
Are you looking for a career that matters?
We believe every person deserves a chance for a healthy life, free from illness and full of possibility. We see a world full of healing, with viable care options available to those with limited choices today. We envision new ways of providing physicians, pharmacists and nurses with technologies that not only treat chronic diseases, but also work to prevent them. We’re looking for team members who are motivated to learn, grow and innovate, while making a meaningful difference for millions of people around the world.
Learn more about how Baxter is At the Intersection of Saving and Sustaining Lives.
Principal Engineer – Embedded Software
This section focuses on the main purpose of the job in one to four sentences.
Baxter has long been on the forefront of developing innovative solutions for patients with kidney disease. This position offers a unique and exciting opportunity to contribute to the embedded software architecture & design, development and support of features for Baxter’s CRRT Devices that provides dialysis in ICU environment. You will also be specifically focusing on driving the SW Tools needed for product features & contribution to Tools strategy aligned with product roadmap needs.
The successful candidate will possess solid “hands-on” technical abilities, an excitement and energy for product development, sustaining current line of software product portfolio and a passion for their work and the impact it has on meeting the needs of patients.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
This section contains a list of five to eight primary responsibilities of this role that account for 5% or more of the work. The incumbent will perform other duties assigned.
- A solid technical understanding of the principles and procedures of software engineering (e.g., SDLC, IEC 62304, CMMI, Agile).
- Participate in CRRT embedded software development activities.
- Design and Develop core platform features independently with high quality & aligned with product requirements.
- Responsible for activities like proposing the design alternatives, SW implementation, SW unit & integration tests, organizing the peer reviews, provide workload estimation, design documentation & continuous updates to the Platform Leader on the progress.
- Must ensure that architecture & design allows meeting time-to-market, exceeding quality targets, quick diagnosis of problems in the field, quick diagnosis of issues during product development and requirements evolution (scalable / extensible).
- Be passionate about software quality and be prepared to advocate on behalf of good processes and best practices.
- Work as a collaborative team member with global teams.
- Able to mentor/coach other junior people in the team to drive outcomes
- Demonstrates good awareness about competitors and industry standards
- Responsible for rapid prototyping of highly innovative concepts for concept/feasibility testing.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. List knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Process oriented and demonstrated proficiency in various software development lifecycle methodologies including Agile, Iterative, V-Model, etc.
- Possess knowledge of medical device standards.
- Good experience on Embedded SW Architecture, Design, development, test & integration, debugging techniques.
- Deep and broad understanding of many technological areas below:
- Analysis and Design: Object oriented analysis and design, Design Patterns, UML
- Systems Engineering: Requirements engineering, use-case development
- Minimum of 15+ years of professional experience in embedded SW development
- Deep understanding of OS: VxWorks, Linux, RTOS
- Experience on IDE : Tornado, Visual Studio
- Expert in Programming Languages: C++
, C, QT
- Expert in Scripting Languages: Python, Makefiles, CMake
- Good understanding of Networking: TCP/IP Layer, Client Server Architectures etc
- Good understanding of IPC, I2C, UART, USB, Ethernet, SPI, TCP/IP stack, Wireless Technologies
- GUI development experience on Linux/RTOS
- Good experience in stacks, memory mngt, heaps, device drivers development
- Good Experience in debugging using gdb and demonstrated experience in analyzing complex issues with memory / threading / performance. Experience in using memory profiling tools. Ability to drive structured and methodological analysis for tough issues during development.
- Experience in proof of concepting, drives feasibility studies
- Experience on Gerrit/Git/Jenkins/GitBucket and CI build process
- Ability to organize and present technical status to senior management.
- Ability to convince management on courses of action using both written and verbal methods. Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated success in delivering results on several technical challenges.
- Passionate about continuous learning, can do attitude, wears Thinkers Hat, can work collaboratively with diverse teams, leverages current technologies, and believes in process simplification, quality conscious.
- Can influence, communicate with stakeholders effectively, self driven, lead & mentor junior staff.
- Proactively identifies and removes project obstacles or barriers on behalf of the team
- Shares knowledge, establishing trust, credibility and goodwill amongst stakeholders.
Background and/or Experience:
Bachelors / Masters .in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering or related field and 15+ years related experience.
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.