MDM Business AnalystReq # JR - 043845 Location Bengaluru, Karnataka, India Job Category Information Technology Date posted 07/21/2021
This is where you save and sustain lives
At Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people around the world. You'll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients.
Baxter's products and therapies are found in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have pioneered significant medical innovations that transform healthcare.
Together, we create a place where we are happy, successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your best work.
Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining lives—where your purpose accelerates our mission.
This position is a critical pivot role to support the delivery of Master Data (MD) projects at Baxter. The business analyst works with functional and technical stakeholders and experts The individual is a subject matter expert on the MD processes and technologies utilized at Baxter. The individual has a strong business acumen. Depending on location, this role will have a local or remote manager and will be part of a team of 5-7 MD colleagues. This role works closely and virtually with the MD modeling and MD operations teams.
This role will be a part of the newly established Data Governance organization within the Digital Transformation Office. This individual will be asked to help foster a “data driven culture” for our internal and external customers. He or she will partner closely with business owners to deliver the data elements and accessibility across the organization.
Demonstrates proven record of success in the following areas
- Works in an Agile process, planning work daily, resolving development blockers, and escalating issues appropriately
- Completes testing and validation in adherence to development standards and provides feedback/coaching to developers and development team leads on areas for improvement
- Accountable to lead and/or support large, medium, and small MD projects at Baxter
- Defines, designs, and builds user requirements in partnership with functional and technical stakeholders
- Performs thorough data analysis and works with data tools to find root causes and resolutions
- When required, creates and maintains functional specifications, approves technical specifications
- Monitors and QA the technical work delivered by Baxter IT or external technical providers
- Defines the test and validation approach in partnership with the MD Operations team
- Prepares and performs initial functional training to stakeholders and other MD teams
- Organizes the deployment and transition to MD operations and IT support of MD projects
- Partners with the MD Operations team to resolve production issue escalations
- Proactive, able to work with limited supervision and ask for help when needed
- Resourceful, able to find creative solutions to MD challenges. Identifies and resolves complex problems
- Good Planning, Project and excellent Stakeholder management
- Strong organizational skills, process-oriented and great attention to detail
- Technically savvy on Master Data Architecture/Hierarchies/Taxonomies, Data Workflows, and/or Data Integration
- Capable to data mining using SQL tool.
- Ability to influence, work with others, facilitate workshops, and present to management
- Ability to manage concurrent initiatives
- 3 years in similar business analyst roles at Master Data or another major functional team.
- 3 years of experience working with global or regional stakeholders in matrix environment
- Working experience with a current MDM SW and/or ERP solution required.
- Working experience with Riversand MDM SW desirable.
- Industry, systems validation desirable.
- English fluency. Other languages (i.e. Spanish, French, Mandarin) desirable
- Flexibility to interact with other time zones
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.043845