Manager, ElectricalReq # JR - 025109 Location Bengaluru, Karnataka, India Additional Locations 45 Job Category Research and Development Date posted 07/30/2020
Are you looking for a career that matters?
We believe every person deserves a chance for a healthy life, free from illness and full of possibility. We see a world full of healing, with viable care options available to those with limited choices today. We envision new ways of providing physicians, pharmacists and nurses with technologies that not only treat chronic diseases, but also work to prevent them. We’re looking for team members who are motivated to learn, grow and innovate, while making a meaningful difference for millions of people around the world.
Learn more about how Baxter is At the Intersection of Saving and Sustaining Lives.
You will be responsible for creating, ramping up and managing a team that aligns with the organization's vision or strategic plan. Based on significant technical expertise, reviews and approves complex design concepts and provides general direction to technical staff. Utilizes solid understanding of theories and practices of a variety of disciplines to manage complex projects or programs within boundaries of quality, time and budget. Acknowledged outside of business unit or division for input on programs of some magnitude. Exhibits creativity and innovation in completing divisional and cross-functional/business unit responsibilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage, identify, hire, mentor, coach and recognize technical staff, manage career aspirations and performance evaluation of team members; the team may include senior level engineers and technicians.
- Effectively communicate, and realize vision and strategy for the Hardware organization that aligns with the business and product needs.
- Ability to lead engineers in the group ensuring clear accountability and operational excellence. Ensure effective performance management.
- Ensures that succession planning and talent pipeline is in place for technical and functional leadership for the assigned function.
- Collaborate across multiple locations to leverage talent and processes effectively.
- Review and approve technical feasibility of complex design concepts and analysis of technologies that incorporate own area of expertise as well as multiple disciplines.
- Work effectively with cross functional teams including quality, program management, manufacturing, regulatory, medical and clinical.
- Collaborate in establishing processes for effective resource management from planning through execution in close collaboration with program management.
- Foster an environment where mentoring, coaching, career growth and progression, and employee development are critical focus areas.
- Actively communicate and advocate team’s capabilities and accomplishments.
- Responsible for development of state-of-the-art industry expertise and technical competencies as well as effective deployment throughout a multi-site organization.
- Bachelors in Electrical & Electronics/ Instrumentation/ Control engineering or any other relevant engineering discipline, 15-18 years of experience.
- Must be well versed in engineering disciplines (e.g. Mixed signal design,, Power electronics, Control system, Sensors, Simulation ). Must possess knowledge of related disciplines. Ability to design and implement in own area of expertise.
- Deep domain knowledge in electromechanical medical devices.Experienced in the development of highly complex medical devices requiring successful integration of electrical and mechanical constituents.
- Knowledge of GMPs, FDA guidelines, purchasing practices and process validation.
- Must be self-motivated, have good interpersonal skills, capable of analyzing and solving complex problems through innovative thought and experience.
- Self-motivated with good interpersonal skills.
- Capable of analyzing and solving complex problems through innovative thought and experience.Ability to design and influence outside of immediate scope of responsibility.
- Understanding of and adherence to FDA, ISO and IEC design control procedures, regulations and standards.
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.