Manager Acute DisposablesReq # JR - 023864 Location Bengaluru, Karnataka, India Additional Locations 45 Job Category Research and Development Date posted 07/09/2020
Are you looking for a career that matters?
We believe every person deserves a chance for a healthy life, free from illness and full of possibility. We see a world full of healing, with viable care options available to those with limited choices today. We envision new ways of providing physicians, pharmacists and nurses with technologies that not only treat chronic diseases, but also work to prevent them. We’re looking for team members who are motivated to learn, grow and innovate, while making a meaningful difference for millions of people around the world.
Learn more about how Baxter is At the Intersection of Saving and Sustaining Lives.
You will be responsible for Leading the team for developing creative solutions to challenging issues associated with the design, development, and sustaining engineering for our new and existing Disposables for the dialysis product portfolio. The successful candidate will possess solid “hands-on” technical abilities, an excitement and energy for product development, and a passion for their work and the impact it has on meeting the needs of patients. Will own all projects and programs being run for Disposables.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Manage Team and guide to handle a variety of complex issues in associated projects, plans and schedules project implementation. Responsible for defining scope of work for project team.
2. Manage, identify, hire, train, develop and recognize technical staff; the team may include senior level engineers and technicians. Provide technical direction for Sustenance projects including testing activities.
3. Identify and analyze processes/ design problems to achieve optimal solutions that satisfy cost, timeline and technical requirements using both internal and external technical resources. Formulate new, innovative approaches to solve technical problems on a consistent basis.
4. Review and approve technical feasibility of complex design concepts and analysis of technologies that incorporate own area of expertise as well as multiple disciplines.
5. Review and analyze proposals to determine if benefits derived and possible applications justify expenditures. Recommend proposal to management for consideration and allocation of funds. Responsible for preparation of project cost estimates. Monitors all project expenditures and cost tracking.
6. Responsible for policy setting and defining procedures for the staff in accomplishing and documenting projects. Provides input on overall engineering department policy.
7. Approve protocols and support documentation (engineering change requests, system change forms, etc.) in order to secure project release.
8. Proactively and regularly communicate with regions and plants (directly or through marketing) to update development progress and maintain region support.
9. Manage the sustenance design activities to meet design control and global medical device regulation requirements as the design owning organization.
10. Collaborate with cross-functional teams and multiple global manufacturing/design sites to meet objectives.
o Drive the continuous improvement initiatives within the assigned function/Team in alignment with business needs.
o Inclusive leadership – reach across to build effective cross functional partnerships based on trust, embracing diversity
o Authentic leadership - demonstrate sincerity, honesty, integrity, transparent communication
o Operational decision making; ability to simplify the complex
o Ability to influence and resolve conflicts within the assigned function.
o Effective communication – both written and verbal
o Maintains effectiveness when working with limited information or experiencing changes.
Must be well versed in engineering disciplines (e.g. fluid flow, thermodynamics, heat transfer, static's and dynamics, engineering materials/Plastics manufacturing techniques). Must possess knowledge of related disciplines. Knowledge of GMPs, FDA guidelines/Design Controls, purchasing practices and process validation. Must be self-motivated, have good interpersonal skills, capable of analyzing and solving complex problems through innovative thought and experience.
- Ability to drive change initiatives & work in a multi-cultural environment. Proven communication skills and ability to perform in a cross-functional team environment. Ability to Coach and guide team members/leaders for all round development. Has demonstrated effective supervisory skills.
- Demonstrated ability to decompose complex problems into task lists. Demonstrated ability to provide technical leadership for engineering projects with substantial complexity and scope. Demonstrated ability to draw conclusions and make recommendations based on technical inputs from multiple and varied function (i.e. manufacturing, quality, regulatory, etc.).
Holds a Bachelors/Masters Degree in Mechanical, Plastics,or Biomedical Engineering with 15 ~20 years of experience leading teams in areas of Sustenance engineering/Application Engineering/New product development in medical device (highly preferred)/aerospace domain. Experience with product development, especially in the design of plastic parts, and/or packaging/Fluids flow component product designs (like injection molded couplers and extrusions). Has exposure or experience in Simulations (CFD/FEA).
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to Americas_TTA@baxter.com and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.