L2 Network EngineerReq # JR - 024295 Location Bengaluru, Karnataka Job Category Information Technology Date posted 07/16/2020
Are you looking for a career that matters?
We believe every person deserves a chance for a healthy life, free from illness and full of possibility. We see a world full of healing, with viable care options available to those with limited choices today. We envision new ways of providing physicians, pharmacists and nurses with technologies that not only treat chronic diseases, but also work to prevent them. We’re looking for team members who are motivated to learn, grow and innovate, while making a meaningful difference for millions of people around the world.
Learn more about how Baxter is At the Intersection of Saving and Sustaining Lives.
Roles & Responsibilities:
Operate, Maintain, Manage, and Improve network cloud infrastructure.
Configure and install various network devices and services (e.g., routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers, VPN, QoS)
Work within established configuration and change management policies to ensure awareness, approval and success of changes made to the network infrastructure
Coordination with customers & Vendors for network related problems and providing Remedies, Root Cause Analysis of Faults.
Work closely with team members to provide quick support & error free environment in close cooperation with L1 & L2 Level support.
Broad knowledge of networking and network equipment/operating systems with detailed experience with CISCO, Load balancer, Routing, Switching.
Good knowledge of the OSI model, routing (OSPF, BGP) and switching technologies (STP), Cisco Routing and switching technologies and corresponding protocols, IP services like ACL, High availability.
Checkpoint Smart Center, Console, Defense and Workflow as well as Checkpoint CLI experience.
F5 Load balancer (LTM, GTM), NAT & VPN & Wireless setups.
Encryption methods and technologies & MPLS Configuration.
HTTP/HTTPS, reverse proxy, SSL offload configurations.
Implementation of security tools, policies, and procedures in conjunction with the security team.
Participate in design discussion regarding new Security technologies implementation (new DMZ, Extranet improvement, Manufacturing Network segregation, Fortinet/CISCO Firewall, user VPN access, ISE, URL filtering, …)
Ability to create and provide detailed documentation and Visio drawings for network and Security designs and configurations.
Skills and Experience:
- Experience with Cisco and other IT security manufacturers
- Extensive knowledge of WAN technologies. Including BGP, OSPF, MPLS, VPN, QoS, Cisco routers, LAN2LAN VPN, SDWAN.
- Extensive knowledge of LAN Switching technologies, Including VSS, OSPF, Cisco 3850, 68xx, 4500, Nexus 9000 switches, …
- Knowledge of DHCP, DNS, IPAM on Infoblox platform
- Working knowledge of Cisco ASA, FTD, SourceFire, Fortinet Firewalls, Splunk, TACACs, ISE, WSA.
- F5 load balancing.
- Solarwinds and Cacti and other Network Management solutions
- Network automation (Python, git, Linux, ...)
- Cloud services such as zScaler and Amazon Web Services (security groups)
- Bachelor of Science in IT or related engineering fields.
- 5+ years experience managing and implementing complex network and security solutions.
- Cisco Certification – Cisco CCNP Security / Route Switch certification would make a major advantage.
- Excellent verbal and writing communication in English.
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.