Site Sourcing Leader (Remote)Req # JR - 083281 Location Batesville, Indiana, United States (Remote) Additional locations Acton, MA; United States of America - Remote Job Category Purchasing Date posted 12/28/2022
This is where you save and sustain lives
At Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people around the world. You’ll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients.
Baxter’s products and therapies are found in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have pioneered significant medical innovations that transform healthcare.
Together, we create a place where we are happy, successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your best work.
Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining lives— where your purpose accelerates our mission.
Your role at Baxter
The Site Sourcing Leader performs the strategic sourcing efforts at the plant level. This role leads respective sourcing and supply management activities for responsible commodities in support of driving continuous cost improvements, continuity of supply, quality and risk mitigation.
What you'll be doing
- Provide input to and implement sourcing strategies for key commodities or regions, ensuring quality, value-cost optimization, service performance and business continuity are maintained with selected suppliers
- Drive annual productivity and savings within responsible commodities using the multistep strategic sourcing process
- Manage supplier partnerships to ensure continual performance expectations are met and year over year productivity targets are achieved by conducting proper supplier management techniques
- Measure and track performance within each spend
and define budgetary impact
- Keep current on market cost drivers and economic outlook ensuring market intelligence is communicated to appropriate personnel
- Act as Sourcing Project Leader for key supplier implementations ensuring expected results are achieved
- Act as lead negotiator for small to medium local or regional business agreements
- Monitor, track and report on savings and key performance indicators for targeted category
- Other duties may be assigned
What you'll bring
- Bachelors Degree in Business, Supply Chain, Science, Engineering, or Finance
- 4+ years in a leadership role in Strategic Sourcing working with raw materials, finished products, or sub-contract management for sub-assemblies with 4+ years deploying sourcing strategies in a multi-site environment
- Proven leadership and influence skills at a level that affects significant business outcomes
- Excellent analytical problem solving ability
- Able to interpret and understand integrated business plans and supporting manufacturing financial models in terms of Labor, Material, and Overhead drivers for products
- Strong Project Management Experience, especially with Engineering related projects
We understand compensation is an important factor as you consider the next step in your career. At Baxter, we are committed to equitable pay for all our employees, and we strive to be more transparent with our pay practices. To that end, this position has a salary range of $80,000 to $180,000 and also includes an annual incentive bonus. The above range represents the expected salary range for this position. The actual salary may vary based upon several factors including, but not limited to, relevant skills/experience, time in the role, business line, and geographic/office location.
The successful candidate for this job may be required to verify that he or she has been vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to reasonable accommodations for individuals with medical conditions or religious beliefs that prevent vaccination, and in accordance with applicable law.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities globally. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please click on the link here and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.
Recruitment Fraud Notice
Baxter has discovered incidents of employment scams, where fraudulent parties pose as Baxter employees, recruiters, or other agents, and engage with online job seekers in an attempt to steal personal and/or financial information. To learn how you can protect yourself, review our Recruitment Fraud Notice.
Join Our Talent Community
We're grateful for your interest in a career with Baxter, and would like to get to know you. Joining our Talent Community is a great way to stay connected, learn more about Baxter, and help our recruiters find you if there's an opportunity that aligns with your background, skills and interests.Join Now